RE: [MKBAG] Re: Fast Broadband ANYWHERE in MK

  • Dom Hampton
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 19, 2009

      Adam,

      Thank you for answering your own question!  We are well aware that we are more expensive than traditional ADSL providers, this is for 3 reasons.

      Firstly and we believe most importantly is our service.  Our SLA states that our trunks will have an uptime of 99.99% and our customers receive 99.9% we also offer the lowest contention ratios available on 8Mb ADSL style connections and don’t forget the connection speed is guaranteed at 8Mb (you will not see the words up to anywhere!)

      Secondly is our running costs, you are indeed correct: putting equipment on mast is extremely expensive, a cost we have no control over.  So yes we have done a business case on our whole network.  Our network is used primarily for high speed SDSL style connections where other providers can only use fibres, this is where we come into our own as masts are much cheaper than digging up the road.  I believe BT charge around £1500 a KM for fibre we charge £200 for an install.

      Thirdly since our technology uses synchronise devices, as in the backbone of the network is as fast upstream as it is down ADSL style for us is a waste of this bandwidth so we prefer to stick with SDSL style connection and offer ADSL only to those that have no other option.  You may consider contacting EEDA to see if you can get a grant for you business, but I think they have stopped those now.

      In terms of permission to get on the mast yes we have deals with most major mast operators including the one at Bow Brick Hill (which is why we are suggesting it).

      I hope the above shows why we can’t give any discounts at this level.

      Regards

      Dom

      Dominic Hampton

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 19, 2009

        Looks good but will need a postcode to do a proper survey if you can provide by sending to dom@... or reply to this.

        Costs for ADSL style connections are

        £200 install

        4Mb/512k - £50

        8Mb/512k - £70

        All prices plus vat and a 12 month minimum contract

        Regards

        Dom

        Dominic Hampton

        Hi, I live in loughton and only get 0.5 meg, when I'm lucky! Does this deal apply to my area and what are the costs involved?

        Cheers

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 18 Jun 2009, at 21:13, "jamesasdrogers" <jamesasdrogers@...> wrote:

        Hey everyone,

        We really need just 1 more person to get in touch with Attend 2, please..... come on we really need this connection!!!!!! Don't you really want 8-20 Meg Internet where YOU live???????

        http://www.fastruralbroadband.co.uk/

        Regards.

        --- In MKBAG@..., "jamesasdrogers" <jamesasdrogers@...> wrote:

        > Hey, as i said... My postcode is MK7 8QB and My dad has already rung to see if it can be recieved...... His name is Dhan Tagie.... so add him to 'The List' :-)

        > --- In MKBAG@..., Dom Hampton <dom@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Stuart,
        > >
        > > Just got the results back from profiling, same story as everybody else, so need one more (and for everybody else to confirm for a year's contract) and we'll put the repeater in.
        > >
        > > Fixed IP addresses are free, you can have as many as you like as long as you can prove you require them (a quick statement is all that's required). Under Ripe guidelines we are not allowed to charge for them (nobody is), it doesn't even take any 'administration' so we don't charge you for that either.
        > >
        > > Regards
        > >
        > > Dom
        > >

        > > Dominic Hampton

        decoration: none; } div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow: hidden; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count span { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: bold; } div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; } #ygrp-msg p a { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; } #ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; } div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table { width: 400px; } --> lEnd|**|-~-->