RE: [MKBAG] Re: Bradwell Abbey FTTC. More Live Cabinets

  • Stuart Copeland
    Message 1 of 35 , 25 Apr 03:55

      I’m involved with the resident’s group here (WG) that is trying to make sure the adjoining Church Farm development is done properly. That includes internet connection. We’re involved in the Development Framework so we’ll see how it works in practice re MKC v Builder v BT.

      I hope the future residents appreciate our effort…………

      From: a.lock@...
      Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:17:32 +0100

      But thats exactly what I am saying.

      Why are our council allowing this type of thing to happen.

      Surely new estates should have everything from the beginning.

      But what your saying is that is not the case.

      And we all agree with what you say just run a cable to a box how hard can that be.

      Andy

      From: liveinyourlivingroom@...
      Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:53:13 +0100

      From that rarionale, odd that bt put phone lines in and connect the cabinets on an estate that isnt quite finished, but wont connect fibre to those same cabinets?

      Paul

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 25 Apr 2012, at 10:35, ANDY LOCK <a.lock@...> wrote:

      No offence to Sam but he is a politician.

      Its campaign time. Well it is around our area anyway.

      His second name is interesting but i did not say that i heard it from someone else.

      Anyway it seems from the posts that BT dont touch estates that are not finished and are still in control of the builders and as we know the builder decides the type of broadband installed.

      So maybe that is the problem.

      But I also think that our council (run by politicians by the way) should insist that all estates are build with provision for the next 10years of predicted utility advancement.

      This is the severly edited edition as some was not for public consumption.

      Andy

      From: liveinyourlivingroom@...
      Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:30:06 +0100

      Sounds like Broughton Gate :)

      Paul

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 24 Apr 2012, at 23:54, Stuart Dennis <s_den87@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the reply. I think it's around 1600-1800 houses. They are now starting the third phase...

      Just would be nice to have some form of date, or at least be acknowledge that the estate exists lol.

      Some people have been living on the estate for nearly three years.

      Stuart

      On 24 Apr 2012, at 11:35 PM, Gareth Robins <mail@...> wrote:

      The Lakes Esate has FTTC

      But new builds won't appear on the information I have as it was compiled over  a year ago.

      The checks return nothing so its not on immediate plans either.

      Sorry. How many houses are in the development?

      Regards,

      Gareth

      On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Stuart Dennis <s_den87@...> wrote:

      Gareth, is your excellent inside knowledge limited to just Bradwell Abbey? Do you know anything about Newton Leys (or even if the Lakes Estate has fibre?) as they are the nearest estate.

      Cheers.

      Stuart

      On 24 Apr 2012, at 11:09 PM, Gareth Robins <mail@...> wrote:

      Further update

      Pending

      ======

      Broughton (North) FTTC

      Great Linford (North) FTTC

      Downsbarn FTTC

      Conniburrow (West) FTTC

      Fishermead (South West) FTTC

      Bradwell Common (Central) FTTC

      LIVE Tuesday 24th April

      ===================

      Oldbrook (All) FTTC

      Netherfield (North) FTTC

      Downhead Park Part FTTC some FTTP trial

      Campbell Park (South) FTTC

      LIVE Thursday 19th April

      =================

      Springfield FTTC

      Leadenhall FTTC

      Eaglestone FTTC

      Fishermead (West) FTTC

      Oldbrook (South Central) Part FTTC

      Bolbeck Park FTTC

      Peartree Bridge FTTC

      Willen Park FTTC some FTTP trial

      On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Gareth Robins <mail@...> wrote:

      Not many left.

      This information is approximate.

      Pending

      ======

      Great Linford (North) FTTC

      Downsbarn FTTC

      Conniburrow (West) FTTC

      Fishermead (South West) FTTC

      LIVE Tuesday 24th April

      ===================

      --
      Gareth Robins

      --
      Gareth Robins

      --
      Gareth Robins

      This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

      Stonac is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 4034018. Registered office: 15, Shuttleworth Grove, Wavendon Gate, Milton Keynes, MK7 7RX. Ref ST20081220S

      This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.
    • Andrew Wiggins
      Message 35 of 35 , 26 Apr 01:04
         Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.14 Mbps
         For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
         Additional Information:
         Your DSL Connection Rate :1.89 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
         IP Profile for your line is - 0.35 Mbps

        Hmm maybe I am being throttled?
        I did exceed download limit last month (somehow?) though I have paid for that and upgraded account?

        Andrew