4476Re: [MVDincavaliers] When NOT to start giving your cavalier pimobendan (Vetmedin)

  • Malou Liscom
    Jul 13, 2014
      Roxy is taking  the following meds.   I wonder if that is why she seem to be breathing harder, you can see and feel her heartbeat when you put a hand on her belly.  I will be calling the vet tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

      Vetmedin 5 mg, (1/2 tablet in AM and 1/2 in PM)
      Enalapril 5 mg 2 x a day
      Furosemide 50mg, (1/2 in AM and 1/2 in PM)

      Any feedback would be great and appreciated!

      On Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:00 PM, "Peggy gramypeggy@... [MVDincavaliers]" <MVDincavaliers@...> wrote:

      Sorry I pressed the send button accidentally. Anyway after reading this article I'm afraid that the vetmedin could cause a  ruptured chordia  (miss spelled). In the evenings he does pant more and however once he goes to bed he seems fine and rests comfortably. His coughing is better since starting he meds however it really wasn't bad before. From everything I have read my gut tells me I'm doing the right thing by holding off on the vetmedin. I just hope I am.
      I want  very best for my guy.
      Thanks
      Peggy
      Sent from my iPhone
      On Jul 12, 2014, at 7:50 PM, vPeggy <@yahoo.com> wrote:

      Hi Rod
      Thank you for sharing this article with all of us. Back in March my Rudy's cardiologist said his heart murmur had progressed up to a grade 6 from a 4/5 a year ago. He suggested I start him on enelipril, lasix and vetmedin as he thought it was time. I asked him if he was in CHF or heart failure and he said he wasn't sure as his heart was enlarged according to his recent chest X-ray and if he was not all ready in heart failure he would be soon. After reading what you and other group members suggested I only started him on the lasix and enelipril and not the vetmedin. Rudy has done well on he 2 meds that we started and his blood work was very good no signs of kidney problems. His resting respiration 5 months ago was about 25 and they have remained the same today. He has a VERY strong heartbeat that you can feel when you put your hand on his chest. I'm afraid that the vetmedin could tear his chordia

      Sent from my iPhone

      HaDOn Jul 12, 2014, at 10:30 AM, "rod.russell39@... [MVDincavaliers]" <MVDincavaliers@...> wrote:

      When NOT to start giving your cavalier pimobendan (Vetmedin). CavalierHealth.org BLOG
      --
      Rod Russell
      Orlando, Florida USA

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic