5078Panic attacks

  • Judithwm@yahoo.com
    15 May
      Greetings Cavalier Parents and Guardians,

      Does anyone have experience with panic attack episodes in their Cavaliers? My wonderful boy had the first episode 2 years ago after a surgery.
      Sporadically he experienced it again and for several months the attacks have stoped. However today after our morning walk - out of the blue -
      he went into an episode again. The signs are; penting, wanting to hide, climb on to top of furniture, not interested in food or treats (!) and looks very stressed. The only medicine that helped was Alprazolam (Xanax). 1/4 or 1/2 tab.

      What causes these attacks and is there anything that I can do to avoid them?

      Thank you in advance.

      Regards,

      Judith W. Mills
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic