      From: "bobwexler@... [MVDincavaliers]" <MVDincavaliers@...>
      To: MVDincavaliers@...
      Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 11:34 AM
      Subject: [MVDincavaliers] Total loss of coordination hind leg weakness and low respiratory rate

      This may also be related to Cheryl's post on Degenerative Myleopathy because it also matches the symptoms but wanted to run it by the group in case anyone has experienced the same.  My KC is going on 14yrs in August. I currently have her on 10 Mg Lasix twice per day in addition to a significant number of herbs and supplements all approved by our holistic vet. No other heart Meds. She was first diagnosed with moderate MVD in 2012.  Last night was the second time she has exhibited signs of sudden total hind leg weakness and coordination and not being able to stand on her own but this time she also totally lost bladder control as I picked her up, at one point she looked disoriented, try to run in circles and fell. The first time the doctor felt it could have been a kind of stroke and possibly related to dental infections which in dogs with CHF is very difficult to treat if it all but she completely recovered after about 24hr, even running up and down the stairs. In fact for the next few weeks she was acting as if she was a puppy again. Her resting respiratory rate has been a consistent 16 for the past year but now it's down to 12 and only 8 while sleeping which is very low even for a healthy dog (sometimes you can hardly see her breathing) her heart rate is between 80 - 100. She doesn't seem to be in distress or pain just sleeping peacefully. I gave her an extra dose of Lasix and Rescue Remedy a couple of times during the night and at this moment she seems to be coming out of it waiting for breakfast still a little unstable but able to walk and go out to pee on her own. Going on14 years, every day is a blessing.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic