Rinker 240 Fiesta Vee

  • kendaldrive
    Message 1 of 6 , 3 Apr 11:29
      Hi All,

      I joined this group on the advice of Martin as I am currently
      seeking to buy a 25 foot sports boat. I have seen a couple of 1997
      240 Fiesta Vee's on various websites. Any opinions? It'll be my
      first boat so be gentle :-)

      Regards

      David
    • GRAHAM POORE
      Message 2 of 6 , 3 Apr 23:53
        David    The Rinker 240 Fiesta Vee is a good sea boat and we did not have any problems with them. Expect to pay between GBP16000 and GBP20000 for a boat kept in good condition. The 240 is trailable but is heavy and you would need a vehicle such as a Discovery.
        Most of them had cold water only (so, no hot shower) and no microwave oven.
        We had one on our brokerage list recently, but its no longer available.
        Most were fitted with the 5.0L 210php Mercruiser driving an Alpha outdrive but a small number were imported with the 5.7L 250php engine driving the twin prop Bravo 3 outdrive. Both engines quite happy pulling a skier but bear in mind the 240 is a sportscruiser not a sportsboat. If you dont need four berths then look at the two berth Rinker 232 Captiva Cuddy. This is easier to trail, better at watersports and more widely available.
        If you need any info, let me know.
        Graham
        Rinker Direct
        Eastbourne, Sussex

        Message 3 of 6 , 4 Apr 10:38

          Hi Graham,

          Many thanks for your response.  I am contemplating mooring on Windermere, so performance will not be a major issue, but no of berths and facilities will be important.  Your feedback is tremendously useful to me.  If you get any more 240’s in the 16-20k range on brokerage in the near future, please would you keep my details on record and maybe drop me a line.

          Many thanks

          David

          Message 4 of 6 , 4 Apr 10:57
            David  Yes if any Rinker 240's come in I will contact you.  If you see any other boats that you fancy and are not Rinker then feel free to email me and I will let you know what we think of that particular boat. We take lots of different makes in part exchange and are happy to tell you what we think about them
            Graham
            Rinker UK

            Message 5 of 6 , 6 Apr 01:41
              Hi David,
              Welcome to the group, I read with interest Grahams reply to your
              question, and
              one point that interested me was the fact he said Most 240's WOULD
              NOT have hot water!! I think its a must if you are going to be
              spending overnights on the boat.
              I do think it is reasonably easy to fit a hot water system though if
              not already done so.

              Other models i have seen advertised are the Fiesta Vee's 235 and
              265. Possibly a bit older though, but also a bit cheaper.(I believe
              a 265 has moved in next to me at the marina although i haven't seen
              it yet)

              I wonder if Graham or anyone else would like to give there views on
              these boats, as they're maybe a good starter boat for someone.

              Anyway good boat hunting and never be affraid to ask questions.

              Cheers

              Alistair.
              http://arweb.co.uk/argallery/alistair

              --- In Rinkerboats@..., "kendaldrive" <dbowen@m...>
              wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > I joined this group on the advice of Martin as I am currently
              > seeking to buy a 25 foot sports boat. I have seen a couple of
              1997
              > 240 Fiesta Vee's on various websites. Any opinions? It'll be my
              > first boat so be gentle :-)
              >
              > Regards
              >

              > David
            • GRAHAM POORE
              Message 6 of 6 , 7 Apr 00:14
                Yes, it is possible to fit a hot water system to a Rinker Fiesta Vee 240 or similar boat but it is expensive. We priced to do one recently, I will look up the details and advise the approx. cost in a day or so.

                Concerning some of the older Rinker models such as the 235, 260, 265 and many more, these are all typical Rinker, with heavy hulls for sea use rather than lakes and sound basic design. An older Rinker will be OK to buy as far as the boat itself is concerned but it is the engine you need to be more concerned about. I would recommend to everyone considering buying a boat more than 6 years old to have a proper survey done and an engineers opinion of the engine. Obviously a full service history would be reassuring.
                Also of considerable importance is being sure the boat you are buying legally belongs to the person selling it to you and that he/she has sufficient documentary evidence to prove it. Remember debts can attach to boats and not their owners, so along with your new boat might come a surprise bill for 12 months mooring and an engine service unpaid by the previous owner.
                Buyer Beware!
                Using a proper broker or main dealer will eliminate these risks. If any one has any questions about legal title for boats etc then post your question on this group and we shall do our best to answer them.

                Graham
                Rinker Direct
                Eastbourne