14848Re: : Re: AW: AW: [SDRSharp] ebay antenna

  • Ken Alexander
    Jun 24, 2014
      Sorry, I meant to add these other questions for the ages:

      How do you know when your bagpipes are out of tune, and
      How do you tell when yogurt has gone bad?

      OK...enough!

      Ken

      On Jun 24, 2014, at 9:18 PM, "Ken Alexander k.alexander@... [SDRSharp]" <SDRSharp@...> wrote:

      Just curious.  How will you know when you've found a better antenna?

      To read some of the responses posted here, several people would give this EBay antenna a pass  just because the seller's spelling, grammar and technical knowledge aren't up to their standards.

      The people who build the cars we drive probably don't know that much about the finer points of electronic ignition and traction control systems, but we don't use this as a reason to turn up our noses and look elsewhere.  If we did that we'd all be walking!

      73,

      Ken Alexander
      VE3HLS

      On Jun 24, 2014, at 8:59 PM, "david921@... [SDRSharp]" <SDRSharp@...> wrote:

      Looks like I have started quite the discussion with this antenna question, I think it just verifies what I knew in the back of my head, that the antenna is just wire in a tube and will work if I am lucky.  It seems that the seller must be a politician with the answer he gave.

      Thank you all for your input and advise, I will save my cash for a better antenna.

    • Show all 98 messages in this topic