14853Re:: Frequency Manager + Scanner plugin - Double Dongle Dilemma
- Jun 24, 2014
Hi again Robert. Tonight I tried running SDR# version 1305 and my plugins version 1.61, on two dongles. The first dongle was a typical $30 E4000-based unit, the second was a FunCube Pro Plus. Both ran as expected with no crashes and no blue screens. I first plugged in the E4000 unit and start SDR# and then started my scanner on a frequency range scan. Once that was running, I plugged in the FunCube and started a second copy of SDR#. Again I started scanning a frequency range scan – I even made it scan the same range as the other copy of SDR# - and had no problems. BTW I’m running Win 7 x64 Ultimate in 8GB of memory.
At this point I have to assume it is something in your system environment. Joanne has been helpful as usual, and I thank her for her input. The only things I can add are:
- You might use Revo Uninstaller to completely and utterly remove all traces of the Zadig drivers and other software that might be involved.
- Run the command SFC /scannow in a command window to tell windows to search for corrupt system files and fix them.
- Using the Tools dialog in the file Properties dialog to perform a disk error check. Allow it to Automatically fix file system errors an Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors (make a backup first!)
- When you are sure your system is as clean and ready as possible, then reinstall what’s necessary for SDR# and get two copies of it running on two dongles.
- When THOSE are working OK, then install my plugins. Don’t copy them; run the installer on each separate copy of SDR#.
I hope this helps. I’m sure it is frustrating and I thank you for persevering. Cheers,
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>