14889Re: AW: AW: [SDRSharp] ebay antenna

  • John Ferrell
    Jun 25, 2014
      Please indulge us a little, we are trying to help each other.

      On 6/25/2014 9:13 PM, 'Alan Wheaton' alanwh@... [SDRSharp] wrote:

      SDR,SDR,SDR,SDR,SDR, IS THIS NOT WHAT THE FORUM IS ABOUT

      WHY CARRY ON ABOUT OTHER RUBBISH

      Alan

      From: SDRSharp@... [mailto:SDRSharp@...]
      Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:35 AM
      To: SDRSharp@...
      Subject: Re: AW: AW: [SDRSharp] ebay antenna

      I won't quite call you on that one, John. An LPA has significant gain
      over a dipole in general terms. It is closer to something between a
      two and three element beam for most practical designs. The discone,
      however, generally does no better than a dipole mostly worse than a
      dipole.

      --
      John Ferrell W8CCW
         Julian NC 27283