19689Re: [SDR#] new to sdr and have questions, etc

  • Ken Alexander
    Dec 2, 2016

      Be sure to check that you have connected the Spyverter correctly.  When I bought mine there was no indication on the Spyverter as to which connector is the antenna and which is the connector that goes to the Airspy.  Install it the other way around and it might start working.  That's what happened to me.

      73,

      Ken
      VE3HLS

      On Dec 1, 2016 9:41 PM, "'Buford lemon Jr.' buford.lemonjr@... [SDRSharp]" <SDRSharp@...> wrote:

      Hello all,
      My name is Buford and I am an amateur radio operator, KB8QLG.
       But SDR is a new thing to me.
      The setup I have is as follows:
      Lenove Thinkpad e/w i5 cpu, M540 2.53 Ghz, 4 gbt ram 64 bit operating system.
      Win 10 PRO
      Radio is Airspy R@ and Spyverter.
      With just the Airspy connected to laptop and SDRsharp open and my GAP Titan DX antenna connected I can tune local FM stations and FRS radio transmissions.This seems to be as it should be.
      But when I install the Spyverter in line in front of the receiver and again have SDRsharp open I don't seem to be able to get any audio from any signal I tune to. Stations such as WWV 5,10,15,Mhz don't appear when I input those frequencies.
      I notice that the receiver does get warm-ish to the touch but the Spyverter does not.
      I've gone through most changeable options and don't see asny difference. There is white noise or silence on some signals. I do select AM etc with no change.
      Could a new Spyverter be bad?
      I'd appreciate some help/advice and I thank you in advance.

      --
                 Buford I. Lemon Jr.
      ~~~~~~"What is truth?~~~~~~