19794Re: [SDR#] Using SDR# as spectrum analyzer

  • Doug
    12 Mar

      On 03/12/2017 06:55 PM, byeos@... [SDRSharp] wrote:

      Not sure if my posts are going out or not, I put something up earlier that didn't appear.

      Anyway, I've been testing the SW on an RTL-SDR as an inexpensive spectrum analyzer.

      I was having some problems, but I think I've worked them out.  It does give good relative

      readings which are helpful in VHF amplifier testing and band pass filter testing.

      Still not sure what the notation 'dBFS' means when looking at the peaks on the screen.

      Any input would be helpful.

      BTW, the combination of SDR# and RTL-SDR has a gain of about 37dB for the indicated

      signal.

      Dennis

      I just bought an SDR dongle which was supposed to come with spectrum analyzer software, but did not, just the usual useless European TV stuff. Does anyone have actual
      SA software for one of these things that he would be willing to share? Even better would be if the s/w would run on Linux.

      --doug, WA2SAY
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic