19795Re: [SDR#] Re:: Gain when using RTL-SDR

  • WB8CJW
    12 Mar
      Hi Dennis,

      dBFS is Decibels Full Scale.  This relates to the scale on the left of the spectrum display where the maximum full scale is 0 dB and for the typical cheap 8-bit RTL-SDR minimum is about -60 dBFS.  1420.4??  Don't think so or have you noticed extreme radiation burns?

      On 3/12/2017 1:49 PM, byeos@... [SDRSharp] wrote:

      I'm trying to use SDR# with RTL-SDR as a spectrum analyzer.

      When I get a reading at 1420.4 it says the units are dBFS.
      What does dBFS stand for?
      If I go through a bandpass filter and set the signal generator
      outside the limits of the filter, I get the same readings.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks
      Dennis