19876Re:: Re: : Re: [SDR#] Re:: SDR# 64 bit crashing

  • sdrsharp
    16 May
      The *redistributables*, as their name suggests, are for end users, not developers. We already have the complete development environment which has much more tools than just the few runtime dlls.

      Make sure you have Windows Update enabled and don't exclude redistributables from it.

      Again, use the 32bit version if you don't know what to do.

      ---In SDRSharp@..., <eb4apl@...> wrote :

      Yes, I'm supposed to use a legit and up to date OS, and it is what I have  installed. But I'm not a software developer, so I don't have the Visual C++ redistributable installed, as many other support packages unless I'm directed to do it by the software developers. If you think that the customers / users should guess the requirements, it is your choice.

      Regards,

      Ignacio, EB4APL

      El 16/05/2017 a las 13:22, sdrsharp@... [SDRSharp] escribió:

      You are supposed to use a legit and up to date OS.

      ---In SDRSharp@..., <eb4apl@...> wrote :

      That explains why I spent a full afternoon trying it to work.

      The perception is caused for the lack of this explanation in the description of the 64 bit version in the downloads web page, where it should be.

      73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

      El 16/05/2017 a las 11:27, sdrsharp@... [SDRSharp] escribió:

      The stack trace says your system doesn't have the Visual C++ redistributable installed.

      > I would like to run the 64bit version on the laptop as the USB3 ports run the AirSpy at full bandwidth without a hitch

      Let me fix some perception in your mind. The x64 build is for customers who develop their own 64bit code. If it doesn't work for you, then use the regular 32bit build. At this level of optimization, there's no performance advantage of using one over the other.

      ---In SDRSharp@..., <sean@...> wrote :

      Installed SDR# 64 bit on an Asus X555L laptop (i7 4510U, 12GB RAM), running Win10/64. When I double click on the icon, the program fails to launch, and generates a 'crash' text file (contents below). I will point out that the 32 bit version runs without issue on the same laptop (both are installed into their own folders on the root of C, rather than inside the 'program files' folders). I have VAC installed, with 2 channels running (as I said the 32 bit version works fine with this).

      Contents of crash file:

      The type initializer for 'PortAudioSharp.PortAudioAPI' threw an exception.

      at SDRSharp.Radio.dll.PortAudioAPI.Pa_GetDefaultInputDevice  (IL offset: 0xffffffff)

      at SDRSharp.Radio.dll.AudioDevice.GetDevices  (IL offset: 0x6)

      at SDRSharp.exe.MainForm.InitializeGUI  (IL offset: 0x153)

      at SDRSharp.exe.MainForm..ctor  (IL offset: 0x150)

      at SDRSharp.exe.Program.Main  (IL offset: 0x6e)

      The 64bit version is working fine on my desktop pc (an i5 2320 / 16GB / Win10-64),that also runs VAC (7 channels) plus 3 physical sound cards.

      I would like to run the 64bit version on the laptop as the USB3 ports run the AirSpy at full bandwidth without a hitch, whereas the desktop can't manage that - maybe the VIA chipset on the USB3 card causing an issue.

      TIA, Sean

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic