19879Re: : Re: : Re: [SDR#] Re:: SDR# 64 bit crashing

  • Sean Gilbert (G4UCJ)
    17 May
      Re: : Re: : Re: [SDR#] Re:: SDR# 64 bit crashing

      "The stack trace says your system doesn't have the Visual C++ redistributable installed.
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/confirmation.aspx?id=14632 https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/confirmation.aspx?id=14632 "

      Well it turns out that I DO have the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable installed, except mine is a NEWER version than the one in the link and so that version of the 2010 redistributable wouldn't install. Rather than uninstalling and putting an older version on, I'll leave it and stick with the 32 bit version of SDR# if there is no discernible improvement in performance or resource usage. I've always got the 64 bit version of SDR console V3 to play with.

      I like SDR#, however, some of the procedures/usage instructions etc., really need the work of a technical author to make them comprehendible to the majority of users (such as the 64 bit version download, there is no mention of it being for code developers rather than end users).

      73, Sean

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic