ebay antenna

  • ramboton
    Message 1 of 98 , Jun 23, 2014

      So I saw this antenna on ebay

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCANNER-ANTENNA-TRIPLE-THREAT-3-BY-9-/181446578764?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

      My questions are - do these actually work?  What kind of magic is going on inside those PVC tubes?

    • Monroe L. King Jr.
      Message 98 of 98 , Jun 26, 2014
        Well Joe if you have a Network Analyzer then you know for a fact that
        your ducky is tuned to the freq's you want and has better resonance than
        the discone on that freq.

        Why all the hub bub?

        What is a ducky? Just a wire some portion of a wavelength in length.
        That length determines the freq the antenna works best at.

        If you do a frequency response curve the ducky WILL fall off either side
        of it's tuned freq. The discone will have a relatively flat curve over a
        much WIDER bandwidth.

        Unless you have some really bad impedance mismatch the discone should
        win the bandwidth fight hands down.

        One things for sure the antenna that comes with the TV Dongle is crap.