SDRSharp Virtual Meters

  • wb8yqj@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2015

      I am looking to gauge interest in this plugin, I have not made them available for download at this time. Always looking for hi-res photos of nice analog meters.

      SDR Meters and Afedri

    • MCH
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2015
        For the wow factor, I like the IC756 meter, but realistically you would
        only use the top meter, so for practicality I like the WoodBox meter.
        Clean, simple, easy to read.

        It would be nice if it could have dB on the bottom of the scale. I know
        you won't find a true pic of that, but maybe someone could photoshop it
        in well. maybe have selectable needle colors, too. Perhaps some various
        standards could be selected such as the Collins standard, Kenwood, Icom,
        Etc.

        What I would really LOVE to see is a deviation meter plug-in. It can't
        be that hard to code one for someone who knows the guts of the SDR code.

        Hmmm... I wonder if I can get some good IFR meter pics for you. I
        imagine the trick is to get two pics with the needle in different
        positions, then match them up to 'remove' the needle?

        Joe M.

        On 3/26/2015 9:15 PM, wb8yqj@... [SDRSharp] wrote:

        > I am looking to gauge interest in this plugin, I have not made them
        > available for download at this time. Always looking for hi-res photos of
        > nice analog meters.
        >

        > SDR Meters and Afedri <http://tinyurl.com/la6na6a>
        >

        > SDR Meters and Afedri <http://tinyurl.com/la6na6a>
        > Having downloaded the Open Source for the Afedri Box Software, I have
        > the progra...
        >
        > View on tinyurl.com <http://tinyurl.com/la6na6a>
        >
        > Preview by Yahoo
        >

        > No virus found in this message.

      • stann50
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26, 2015
          Very impressive nice looking meters. Practically though the simpler meters would be of more useful information than those that show SWR, power etc.
          I like the Woodbox and the other two meters.
        • marcobisceglie
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2015

            very interesting and looking meters, also a very good web site, with your radios and mods!
            73s from Marco IZ7NCO
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 27, 2015
              A nice digital bar graph works well for me. Underneath it I place two text
              readouts, current value and a hang value (highest in last second or so.) That
              makes for nice readings with SSB signals. It's really best if the bar graph
              splits off a thin bar at the current peak reading. That gives you about as much
              information as you can squeeze out of such a meter easily. Of course, if you
              have periods of no signal that could allow you to get an estimated S+N/M reading
              going into the demodulator for a third readout. (Then you could really do S5 and
              mean a real "Decent signal with some noise." Or simply read out the S+M/N in dB
              and fudge your report, "Oh, about 30 dB over ...." Let the other guy misconstrue
              what you said while you get the geeky joy of reporting accurately.)