Having an issue with SDR# or my laptop

  • Buford lemon Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2016
      Greetings,
      After getting the Spyverter to function as it should, I tried to input some frequencies into the "Frequency Manager" an box opens and states" Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you clickContinue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately

      Access to the path: "C\Program Files\\SDR\frequencies.xml" is denied

      Also when shutting down an error occurs and states basically access to the path is denied.

      Any ideas. As it is the app opens always to 103.000.000 WFM.
      Thanks!

      --
                 Buford I. Lemon Jr.
      ~~~~~~"What is truth?~~~~~~
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2016
        Re-install SDR# to a folder directly off the root of your hard drive. Stay away from the potentially 'protected' folders within the \program files and \program files (x86) paths. Alternately, install to a different partition, if you have a "D" drive for example.

        > On 12/12/2016 5:27:20 PM, Buford lemon Jr.' buford.lemonjr@... [SDRSharp] (SDRSharp@...) wrote:
        > > Greetings,
        > After getting the Spyverter to function as it should, I tried to input some
        > frequencies into the "Frequency Manager" an box opens and states" Unhandled
        > exception has occurred in your application. If you clickContinue the
        > application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click
        > quit the application will close immediately
        >

        > Access to the path: "C\Program Files\\SDR\frequencies.xml" is denied
        >

        > Also when shutting down an error occurs and states basically access to the
        > path is denied.
        >

        > Any ideas. As it is the app opens always to 103.000.000 WFM.
        > Thanks!
        >

        > --
        > Buford I. Lemon Jr.
        > ~~~~~~"What is truth?~~~~~~

      • MCH
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2016
          Sound like one of the more recent Windows versions that will not ley you
          write to the C\Program Files path. I'm assuming your \\ was a typo.

          Install SDR# in another directory.

          Joe M.

          On 12/12/2016 5:27 PM, 'Buford lemon Jr.' buford.lemonjr@...
          [SDRSharp] wrote:

          > Greetings,
          > After getting the Spyverter to function as it should, I tried to input
          > some frequencies into the "Frequency Manager" an box opens and states"
          > Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you
          > clickContinue the application will ignore this error and attempt to
          > continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately
          >
          > Access to the path: "C\Program Files\\SDR\frequencies.xml" is denied
          >
          > Also when shutting down an error occurs and states basically access to
          > the path is denied.
          >
          > Any ideas. As it is the app opens always to 103.000.000 WFM.
          > Thanks!
          >
          > --
          > Buford I. Lemon Jr.
          > ~~~~~~"What is truth?~~~~~~

        • Buford lemon Jr.
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2016
            Thanks,,
            Cut and pasted the folder to c:\ and it is saving shutdown freq.
            Appreciate the assist.

            --
                       Buford I. Lemon Jr.
            ~~~~~~"What is truth?~~~~~~