Airspy Mini Question

  • Dewey
    Message 1 of 6 , 30 Mar
      Greetings all,

      I have about 15 rtlsdr dongles in my collection. Each time I add a new
      dongle to the collection, I use RTL_EEPROM and change the dongle serial
      number to the date I put the dongle in service (YYYYMMDD). I do this for 2
      reasons, 1, to avoid computer conflicts of 2 USB devices having the same
      serial number if more than 1 dongle is plugged in at the same time, and 2, I
      know how long each dongle has been in service (not necessarily in use)
      should I start having problems with a dongle. I have recently added a
      Airspy Mini to my collection. Since the Airspys are direct plug in and do
      not require drivers, I notice the RTL_EEPROM does not see it (not
      surprised). Therefore, my question is - is there a way that the serial
      number for the Airspy Mini can be easily changed?

      Thanks to all,
      Dewey
    • sdrsharp
      Message 2 of 6 , 31 Mar
        It's like asking "how do I change the brakes of my new helicopter?" There's no RTL chip in Airspy to begin with, which means you won't have any of the RTL limitations.
        Every Airspy device already has a unique serial number that cannot be changed without replacing the IC's.
        If you want to "see" the serial, you can check the USB info or use airspy_info utility.

        ---In SDRSharp@..., <Dewey3@...> wrote :

[...]

      • Dewey3

              Message 6 of 6 , 1 Apr 16:12
                Thanks,

                Serial numbers don't "work" at all. They are just numbers, letters etc. Brakes in helicopters work and if you need to change them you work with your A&P mechanic according to the service and repairs manuals...LOL

                Happy April 1st