How to receive radio amateur stations in vhf and uhf .

  • jmmendicoa
    Message 1 of 6 , 3 Apr

      Hi friends i am Jose Mendicoa from Valencia Venezuela  Amateur Radio call  I.D  .YY4MBL  .I would like to be able to decode amateur radio signals in VHF and UHF .Whitch plugin should i load with sdrsharp and how to load it.

      If you ca link me to a good tutorial for amateur decoding.I will thank you in advance for any kind of help...Comercial fm is being herard very well, I dowloaded sdrSharp from AirSpy and did not have any trouble with the   rtl-sdr driver..

      Thanks Jose

    • Siegfried Jackstien
      Message 2 of 6 , 4 Apr

        you just use sdrsharp ... and a digital decoding software

        example multipsk (can decode nearly all ham and commercial digital data)

        you just have to route the audio stream from your sdrsoft to the digital decodimng soft

        that can be done in two ways

        you can use a "virtual audio cable ... (also known as "vac") ... that is a software that let windows "think" it has another soundcard (but it is just a software fooling the os ... grin)

        with vac set as output in sdrsharp ... and also set vac as INPUT in the decoding soft the decoding should work fine

        second option (and much easier in my view!!) is ... using stereomix (what you hear)

        you set sdrharp to use your "normal" soundcard for the speaker out signal

        set stereomix as recording input in windows

        and thats it

        (decoding software uses the recording  device as its input signal)

        greetz

        sigi dg9bfc

        Am 03.04.2017 um 23:46 schrieb jmmendicoa@... [SDRSharp]:

        Hi friends i am Jose Mendicoa from Valencia Venezuela  Amateur Radio call  I.D  .YY4MBL  .I would like to be able to decode amateur radio signals in VHF and UHF .Whitch plugin should i load with sdrsharp and how to load it.

        If you ca link me to a good tutorial for amateur decoding.I will thank you in advance for any kind of help...Comercial fm is being herard very well, I dowloaded sdrSharp from AirSpy and did not have any trouble with the   rtl-sdr driver..

        Thanks Jose

      • jose mendicoa
        Message 3 of 6 , 6 Apr
          A clear solution to my question .Thanks for the help.
          Thanks......................... Jose 73
        • ve9xyz
          Message 4 of 6 , 6 Apr
            What types of digital amateur radio services can be optioned with SDR#?  I have only used it with analogue services to date and somehow missed this opportunity.

            ?

            Thanks

            Kevin
            VE9XYZ
          • MCH
            Message 5 of 6 , 7 Apr
              Anything for which you can find decoding SW.
              (which means nearly anything that is not encrypted)

              Joe M.

              On 4/6/2017 10:36 PM, myfamilydotcom@... [SDRSharp] wrote:

              > What types of digital amateur radio services can be optioned with SDR#?
              > I have only used it with analogue services to date and somehow missed
              > this opportunity.
              >
              > ?
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Kevin
              > VE9XYZ
            • Phil Culmer
              Message 6 of 6 , 26 Apr
                Another option is the Vincent Burel's VB-Audio software, which is donationware, and very versatile: you can have several cables running, and there is a decent mixer app to go with it.

                This also avoids the restriction that VAC has with the free version - occasional audio reminders to register, which disrupt the decoding.

                "This is what we know, when you tell us of your fondest hopes and dreams for us: that your greatest wish is that one day we will cease to be, and strangers you can love will move in behind our faces."
                Jim Sinclair, "Don't Mourn for Us"