Re: [SDRSharp] Build 1114 Center Freq missing?

  • WB8CJW
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
      Bob,

      You should see just one frequency display at the top labeled "VFO".  Just hover the cursor over any digit and left click to increase or decrease the value.  A light red box appears at the upper portion of the number to click to go up and a light blue box in the lower area to go down in frequency.  Also you can hover the cursor at the beginning of any digit you want to modify then enter the frequency using the keyboard/keypad.  If you have a scroll wheel on the mouse or the scroll pad on a laptop it will also operate the vfo digit selected.

      A big improvement as I see it!  - less awkward.

      Regards,

      Dale, WB8CJW

      On 2/18/2013 12:41 PM, rlsnuffy2001 wrote:

      Hi All,

      Just installed build 1114 and the Center Freq that used to display in build 1111 is missing - what did I mess up?

      Thanks!

      Bob

    • rlsnuffy2001
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
        Thanks Dale, that makes sense now that you describe it - just wanted to make sure I hadn't messed something up!!

        73
        Bob, NS2B
      • jdow
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
          It's a feature not a bug. It went away. You get a popup center frequency
          note when you scroll the display with the mouse.

          {^_^}

          On 2013/02/18 09:41, rlsnuffy2001 wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > Just installed build 1114 and the Center Freq that used to display in build 1111 is missing - what did I mess up?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Bob
        • EB4APL
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
            Dale,

            I respectfully disagree. The big improvement could be if this feature
            was selectable, allowing the user to choose what kind of tunning
            strategy he/she wants to use each time. I find the new automatic center
            frequency much more convenient for tunning to a given frequency, but if
            you are monitoring a chunk of a band (i.e 144-146 MHz or a HF Ham band)
            the frozen center frequency mode keeps the historic information of the
            waterfall useful, allowing you to go to an active frequency without
            traffic at this precise moment. When the center frequency changes with
            the tunning this information disappears and the waterfall usefulness is
            jeopardized.

            I would like to have this "selectable tunning mode" (the best of both
            worlds) in a future version of the program. Meanwhile I'm stuck to v 1086.

            73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

            On 18/02/2013 20:41, WB8CJW wrote:
            > Bob,
            >
            > You should see just one frequency display at the top labeled "VFO". Just
            > hover the cursor over any digit and left click to increase or decrease
            > the value. A light red box appears at the upper portion of the number
            > to click to go up and a light blue box in the lower area to go down in
            > frequency. Also you can hover the cursor at the beginning of any digit
            > you want to modify then enter the frequency using the keyboard/keypad.
            > If you have a scroll wheel on the mouse or the scroll pad on a laptop it
            > will also operate the vfo digit selected.
            >
            > A big improvement as I see it! - less awkward.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Dale, WB8CJW
            >

            > On 2/18/2013 12:41 PM, rlsnuffy2001 wrote:
            >
            >> Hi All,
            >>
            >> Just installed build 1114 and the Center Freq that used to display in
            >> build 1111 is missing - what did I mess up?
            >>
            >> Thanks!
            >>
            >> Bob

          • WB8CJW
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
              Ignacio,

              It's just seemed to invariably change frequency in the wrong box for
              some reason.

              Maybe an "undo" button / backspace feature would be in order to recall
              the previous frequency. Or perhaps, for example, if you are familiar
              with the doskey command, make selection of previous entries with the
              up/down arrows.

              73,
              Dale, WB8CJW

              On 2/18/2013 9:17 PM, EB4APL wrote:
              > Dale,
              >
              > I respectfully disagree. The big improvement could be if this feature
              > was selectable, allowing the user to choose what kind of tunning
              > strategy he/she wants to use each time. I find the new automatic center
              > frequency much more convenient for tunning to a given frequency, but if
              > you are monitoring a chunk of a band (i.e 144-146 MHz or a HF Ham band)
              > the frozen center frequency mode keeps the historic information of the
              > waterfall useful, allowing you to go to an active frequency without
              > traffic at this precise moment. When the center frequency changes with
              > the tunning this information disappears and the waterfall usefulness is
              > jeopardized.
              >
              > I would like to have this "selectable tunning mode" (the best of both
              > worlds) in a future version of the program. Meanwhile I'm stuck to v 1086.
              >
              > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
              >

              > On 18/02/2013 20:41, WB8CJW wrote:
              >> Bob,
              >>
              >> You should see just one frequency display at the top labeled "VFO". Just
              >> hover the cursor over any digit and left click to increase or decrease
              >> the value. A light red box appears at the upper portion of the number
              >> to click to go up and a light blue box in the lower area to go down in
              >> frequency. Also you can hover the cursor at the beginning of any digit
              >> you want to modify then enter the frequency using the keyboard/keypad.
              >> If you have a scroll wheel on the mouse or the scroll pad on a laptop it
              >> will also operate the vfo digit selected.
              >>
              >> A big improvement as I see it! - less awkward.
              >>
              >> Regards,
              >>
              >> Dale, WB8CJW
              >>

              >> On 2/18/2013 12:41 PM, rlsnuffy2001 wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hi All,
              >>>
              >>> Just installed build 1114 and the Center Freq that used to display in
              >>> build 1111 is missing - what did I mess up?
              >>>
              >>> Thanks!
              >>>
              >>> Bob
            • Alan
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
                Subject: Re: [SDRSharp] Build 1114 Center Freq missing?

                > I respectfully disagree. The big improvement could be if this feature
                > was selectable, allowing the user to choose what kind of tunning
                > strategy he/she wants to use each time.

                Yes,

                After 5 years or more of being able to fix a centre frequency I cannot come to terms with one that varies.
                The new way may be good for SDR beginners, there is often confusion about the two frequencies. But I would like the old way to be an
                option.

                73 Alan G4ZFQ