Re: [SDRSharp] Re: Instructions on setting up SDRSharp with Autotune (rev 411T4 / T5)

  • KD9GN
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
      Hi Ralph,

      The zip file https://public-xrp.s3.amazonaws.com/Release-rev427T.zip is
      a version of SDRSharp that is already patched with the autotune code.

      Just download the zip file and unzip the contents into a directory of
      your choosing. For example, I unzipped it into a directory called
      Release-rev427T and under that directory, there was another directory
      named Release, which contains the patched version of SDRSharp.exe.

      Hope this helps.

      Dave
      KD9GN

      On 07/04/2012 04:24 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:

      > Sorry for the beginners question, but I hear from this plugin for the
      > first
      > time :)
      >
      > Do I need to replace all files in the SDR# folder? Means, is the .exe a
      > special compilation to support the plugin?
      >
      > With best regards
      >
      > Ralph.

    • ea1as
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2012
        If I want to scan 132.050 AM and 463.650 NFM?.

        With your scan system this is not possible, I think.

        73.

        --- In SDRSharp@..., "rrgsti" <bobrich@...> wrote:

        > Hi Dave,
        >
        > Apologies for not making things more intuitive.
        >
        > The basic operation of the 'scanning' element of the autotuner is simply to increment the center frequency by 90% of the total bandwidth, this is called a 'step'. The number of steps indicates how much coverage you get. Currently it does not actually consult the frequency file to determine which frequencies to scan to, it only uses it to determine whether or not to tune to signals detected within this range and how to label them.
        >
        > So, for example, if you have police and fire in the 150MHz range and air in the 118-135MHz range, you would have to set the center frequency to 118MHz, then click Enable and 'Roll Center'. You would then set the number of steps to something along the linse of (155MHz-118MHz)/(2.048Msps * .9) or ~21. What you'll see is the frequency incrementing about twice per second and the application will pick up anything it finds along the way.
        >
        > If you then load the frequency csv file and click 'Limit...', it should only stop on those frequencies that you've entered.
        >
        > One thing you will need to do is ensure that the modulation type is set on each row, as air will be AM and Police/Fire will be NFM. This has not been thoroughly tested, so you may wind up with some wonky results.
        >
        > I've just recently uploaded a new version with some bug fixes and a few minor features. You can grab it here:
        >
        > https://public-xrp.s3.amazonaws.com/Release-rev427T.zip
        >
        > I do intend on recording a short video to explain its use...doing a README is proving to be too time consuming. (sorry)
        >
        > Thanks!
        >

        > --- In SDRSharp@..., KD9GN <kd9gn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > First of all, I just joined the group. I have been using SDR# with a
        > > EzTV668 USB DVB-T Receiver (RTL2832U / E4000). I am having a blast with
        > > the software. Great job on the software.
        > >
        > > I decided to try SDRSharp with the Autotune patch. I have tried both
        > > rev 411T4 and T5 running under windows 7. I haven't tried it under XP
        > > yet. To start with, I just wanted to try to use this like a scanner and
        > > scan a dozen or so local frequencies (police, fire, air). Using the
        > > freq.csv file as a guide I added 12 or so frequencies to my own freq.csv
        > > file.
        > >
        > > As per earlier posts I changed the step size to 12.5. I selected my
        > > freq.csv enabled auto tuner and checked "Limit scans to freq list" but
        > > it seem to scanning the frequencies in my file. It does appear to be
        > > trying to scan but only between 104
        > >
        > > I was wondering if anyone using the auto tune could give me some
        > > pointers in setting this up as a basic scanner.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Dave
        > > KD9GN

      • rrgsti
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2012
          Correct. Technically it's not possible because the 'step count' is limited to 100, which is generally going to cover a maximum of 190MHz or so. But even if the range was wide enough, you would spend 90% of your time shuttling through ignored frequencies. which would be silly.

          I do expect to add this capability in the future, but the scanner internals need some refactoring and improvement before it makes sense to dump much more time into it. On the upside, Youssef has implemented an improved peak detection routine that I've begun integrating into the existing code.

          Thanks!

          Bob