, , added in the last 7 days
1. The group is formed for discussion by email over the internet between
Railway Enthusiasts, Historians and Modellers interested in the Southern
Railway of the United Kingdom (including those railway companies that
were merged together to form it and those that succeeded it).
2. We are each at different stages of the hobby. Questions and discussion
from those less experienced in matters "Southern" are welcomed as much as
those from those more knowledgeable. Whether your particular interest is SR,
LSWR, LB&SCR, SECR or perhaps S&DJR - or later users of their rails
- we'll be glad to read your remarks and send replies to your questions
whenever we can.
3. At first you will be receiving messages on topics already in progress,
so for the early days of you receiving messages you get may not make much
Those who stray too far from topics related to the Southern may find that the Cardinal, the fluffy cushions or the comfy chair are (lightheartedly) invoked against them. More serious transgressions may result in a yellow card or red card. Before posting any message, please make sure you have read our current "netiquette" :-
There is a companion group on Facebook, try this link :-
- Trains and Railroads
- Aug 23, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.