Welcome to SkywavesDX Group

  • Julian Hardstone
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2009
      My thanks to the Skywaves members who have been in touch during the disintegration of the previous group, for sharing your concerns about the continuation of the Skywaves community

      This new group has been set up quickly to allow us to keep posting reception reports during the summer DX season in the UK and Europe. I hope we will continue to share our experiences and technical observations. It was flaming and disrespect that caused the failure of the old group, and we will be demanding much higher levels of courtesy and respect within this group.
      There's no need to mention any disagreements from the old group on-list, and arguments of a personal nature will not be permitted

      New members will always be welcome, so please spread the word that we welcome young and old, beginners or established DXers

      So here's my challenge - to post some good reception reports to get this group up and running

      Good dx - Julian
    • Günter Lorenz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2009
        Good evening new group,

        Well, not too much DX here in SE Germany today. Just a very minor tropo enhancement as predicted by Hepburn, we are expecting severe thunderstorms tonight.
        And some nice MS pings seen on R1.

        Good DX to all of you!

        73,
        Günter
        Freising, SE Germany

        PS: I have all Skywaves messages since June 2005 in my Outlook mail archive. If anyone can give me a hint on how to produce a PST file or similar, I can make them available. And if specific messages are needed, I can make them available.
      • nielsholst2003
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2009
          Nice job, Julian

          Do you know what the future for the skywavesmw will be ?
          Will it be closed too ?

          Best 73's

          Niels Holst