German Tropo

  • Mike Fallon
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 2, 2010
      Some German tropo in this evening from Hornisgrinde, Saarbrücken & Langenberg. All weakish at the moment.

      Mike Fallon
      Saltdean
      East Sussex
      UK
      N50°48' W0°1'
      IO90XT

      Kenwood KT-6040 with 80/110/150 kHz Murata filters * Sony ST-SB920 with 80/150 kHz Murata filters * Sony XDR-F1HD
      Modified Triax FM8 (horizontal) * RDSS v4.0 software
      HS D100 * HS 5 ele B1 yagi * Thomson T2502PI TV * Spectrum Lab software

      Propagation Maps and TX sites logged for the Month maps at
      http://www.ukdx.org.uk/fm/FMLogs/Prop%20Maps/Propagation%20Maps.htm

      Propagation maps produced by RDSDX & FMList

      All-time FM log (from 2003) and current month's log at http://www.ukdx.org.uk/fm/FMLogs/FMLogs_index.htm

      All-time Meteor Scatter Log map at http://www.ukdx.org.uk/fm/MSMap.htm

      All-time Troposcatter Log map at http://www.ukdx.org.uk/fm/FMLogs/Prop%20Maps/Troposcatter_Map.htm

      North Africa & Middle East FM Database: http://www.ukdx.org.uk/fm/fm_index.htm
    • John Faulkner
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 8, 2010
        Some good signals from Germany at 15:55 GMT.

        Holland and Belgium also improving.

        Good DX!

        John
        Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
        IO93ic
      • Jurgen Bartels
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 8, 2010
          > Some good signals from Germany at 15:55 GMT.

          Good noise free signals now from Holme Moss & Sutton Coldfield
          The other UK usuals are buried in local tropo from south & HOL

          Hoping for Scotland & further north as Hepburn is promissing

          CZE has subsided but Band3 carriers are still there

          Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
          11-element 45-87MHz antenna horz.
          FM: 15.11 horz Ant. Downconverter + Perseus + Speclab as WFM demod.
          http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
          http://dx.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm

          http://fewo.3sdesign.de - Vacation home: DX right at the Northsea coast
        • John Faulkner
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 16, 2011
            The lift is now moving up the coast as the Hepburn forecast suggested. Unfortunately I have had to keep my aerials low
            today due to strong winds. Now I going out so I may have to give this one a miss - unless it's happening later when I
            get home and the winds have dropped.

            The lift seems predominantly towards Germany, in particular Koblenz/Linz, etc.

            Hopefully someone else inland will get some of this.

            Good DX!

            John
          • fmtvdxer1
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 16, 2011
              John as i posted earlier in the week + received RSI 1 107.8 last friday it would seem Hepburn's forecast are coming up trumps for favorable DX locations. Alas this evening hasn't been the case for my Ile de France QTH, as much of what's been received here has only been distant NE French inland FM:-(

              Look's like you're suffering problem the same problems i have when strong winds are about beit here or over in Brittany. Mind you the aerials here can be tilted for removal but not so in the Morbihan.

              Cheers and Good DX

              --- In SkywavesDX@..., John Faulkner <john.faulkner@...> wrote:

              > The lift is now moving up the coast as the Hepburn forecast suggested. Unfortunately I have had to keep my aerials low
              > today due to strong winds.
              > The lift seems predominantly towards Germany, in particular Koblenz/Linz, etc.
              >
              > Hopefully someone else inland will get some of this.
              >
              > Good DX!
              >
              > John

            • John Faulkner
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                Nothing dramatic but there are definite signs of a German lift. Scharteburg and Barbelkreuz transmitters are stable and
                Barbelkreuzin particular is noise free.

                Mr Hepburn suggests that those further south should be doing better.

                Good DX!

                John
                Skegness, Lincolnshire
              • John Faulkner
                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011

                • Daviesruby@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                    What frequencies John
                    Mark
                  • John Faulkner
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                      Hello Mark.

                      Barbelkreuz: WDR2 101.0; WDR5 89.6.
                      Linz: SWR1 92.4; SWR3 94.8; SWR4 97.4.
                      Scharteburg: SWR4 93.6.
                      Saarburg: SWR2 93.8.

                      These are the best but there are various other transmitters coming in, such as Langenburg, Aachen, Bonn and Munster.  Lille is also good at times but is less stable.  Ditto Belgium and the Netherlands

                      John

                      On 30/01/2011 18:46, Daviesruby@... wrote:

                      What frequencies John
                      Mark
                    • nick gilly
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                        Yes the main Lille frequencies have been coming in at good strength here since late afternoon. Also a couple of RTBFs. Nothing from Germany as yet though on the Yamaha T-85.

                        Good DX.

                        Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

                        Yamaha T-85, Onkyo T-4970, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, Triax FM5 horizontal beaming east.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                          One hour on and the German DX is a little stronger and is covering a wider area.  Several new transmitters have been logged.

                          Good DX!

                          John
                          Skegness, Lincolnshire

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                            Hello John,

                            Though not a great DX distance i was receiving 95.7 VRT 2 @ Egem 320km earlier overloading levels. Now VRT 2 has faded out and the FM here is quiet but keep an eye out on the Charts for this week as they're looking very promising?

                            Good DX'ing

                            --- In SkywavesDX@..., John Faulkner <john.faulkner@...> wrote:

                            > One hour on and the German DX is a little stronger and is covering a wider area. Several new transmitters have been
                            > logged.
                            >
                            > Good DX!
                            >
                            > John
                            > Skegness, Lincolnshire
                            >

                            > On 30/01/2011 19:49, nick gilly wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Yes the main Lille frequencies have been coming in at good strength here since late afternoon. Also a couple of RTBFs.
                            > > Nothing from Germany as yet though on the Yamaha T-85.
                            > >
                            > > Good DX.
                            > >
                            > > Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.
                            > >
                            > > Yamaha T-85, Onkyo T-4970, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, Triax FM5 horizontal beaming east.

                          • John Faulkner
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                              Hi Dave.

                              Your comments further prove that the full strength of the tropo is not quite reaching this far north.  It's certainly been very interesting this evening and I have logged a few more German transmitters, but it's all been up and down. At 9pm the lift had almost gone, but it's back up again an hour later.

                              Right now I am getting several Belgian transmitters at RDS level.  The same goes for Lille, Neufchatel, Ijsselstein and Egem.  Q Music on 100.7 from Goes is like a local at times.

                              Yes, those colours look very enticing on the Hepburn charts for next weekend. :-)

                              John

                              On 30/01/2011 22:01, fmtvdxer1 wrote:

                              Hello John,

                              Though not a great DX distance i was receiving 95.7 VRT 2 @ Egem 320km earlier overloading levels. Now VRT 2 has faded out and the FM here is quiet but keep an eye out on the Charts for this week as they're looking very promising?

                              Good DX'ing

                              --- In SkywavesDX@..., John Faulkner <john.faulkner@...> wrote:

                              > One hour on and the German DX is a little stronger and is covering a wider area. Several new transmitters have been
                              > logged.
                              >
                              > Good DX!
                              >
                              > John
                              > Skegness, Lincolnshire
                              >

                              > On 30/01/2011 19:49, nick gilly wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Yes the main Lille frequencies have been coming in at good strength here since late afternoon. Also a couple of RTBFs.
                              > > Nothing from Germany as yet though on the Yamaha T-85.
                              > >
                              > > Good DX.
                              > >
                              > > Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.
                              > >
                              > > Yamaha T-85, Onkyo T-4970, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, Triax FM5 horizontal beaming east.

                            • John
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                                Oooops - (and today's mistake is ....:0) Q Music on 100.7 will be from the Ijsselstein transmitter, not Goes as I just said.

                                --- In SkywavesDX@..., John Faulkner <john.faulkner@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Dave.

                                Q Music on 100.7 from Goes is like a local at times.

                                Add Sky Radio Hilversum on 101.2, also coming in to RDS levels.

                                John
                              • fmtvdxer1
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 30, 2011
                                  Hahaha John,

                                  I recently posted a thread about the possibility of Paranormal DX'ing on AM etc and since then i've noticed yourself, another member & i (uploaded a incorrect mp3 file this evening) making mistakes which rarely ever happened before i posted the said thread, but are very frequently (in your case atleast:-)) now LoL.

                                  Cheers and good dx'ing

                                  --- In SkywavesDX@..., "John" <john.faulkner@...> wrote:

                                  > Oooops - (and today's mistake is ....:0) Q Music on 100.7 will be from the Ijsselstein transmitter, not Goes as I just said.
                                  >
                                  > --- In SkywavesDX@..., John Faulkner <john.faulkner@> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Hi Dave.
                                  > >
                                  > Q Music on 100.7 from Goes is like a local at times.
                                  >
                                  > Add Sky Radio Hilversum on 101.2, also coming in to RDS levels.
                                  >
                                  > John

                                • John Faulkner, Skegness
                                  Message 16 of 21 , 26 Jul 15:02
                                    Picking up here very nicely again. Belgium and Holland are also quite
                                    big, especially on the beach! Just took the car radio to my favourite
                                    sea front car park. Even Germany is getting through on the car's whip -
                                    better than it is at home 2km from the sea front.

                                    Good DX!

                                    John
                                  • nick gilly
                                    Message 17 of 21 , 26 Jul 15:11
                                      Just turned the tuner back on and Steinkimmen is back on 91.1. Signals from SE England are better than earlier on as well.

                                      Good DX.

                                      Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

                                      Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, Triax FM5 horizontal beaming east.

                                        Message 19 of 21 , 26 Jul 15:37
                                          Getting 107.1 Deutschlandfunk (DLF) I assume its the high power Bremen Tx on the Portable Tecsun PL-380 downstairs inside the house!

                                          Nothing else though from across the water.

                                          Current location Beverley, Yorkshire.

                                          Moving to Mablethprpe on the Lincolnshire coast tomorrow.
                                        • nick gilly
                                          Message 20 of 21 , 26 Jul 15:38
                                            It's a struggle Ian. 91.1 is currently very weak here, although you may do better in that direction judging from previous lifts.

                                            Getting all those pirates here too Ian but only weak or very weak on the horizontal! BBC Essex is 3 bars on the Kenwood on 95.3 - a pretty strong signal.