2Alarm Clock Saved My Life

  • Ahtiander
    8 Oct 07:36

      = = = = =

      ARE YOU Watching TV drama > Desperate Housewives

      The new television series, about a world in which whole communities of stay-at-home wives expect to be

      accomplish in grand style by the labor. And their husbands, who expect to come home to spotless mansions.

      Last summer '04, two films-Frank Oz's The Stepford Wives and John Curran's We Don't Live Here Anymore-were also set in a strangely anachronistic world, one in which both male and female characters expected women to be homemakers and stay-at-home moms. Though both films are set in the present day, their views of gender difference and the household labor environment is from at least 50 years ago.

      In the first episode, Mary Alice (played by Brenda Strong) folding her laundry, while she narrates these series. There's Susan (Teri Hatcher), a divorced single mother with the job of children's book illustrator; Bree van de (Marcia Cross), a control freak who's driving her family insane; and Gabrielle (Eva Longoria), the trophy wife of a wealthy man; and Lynette (Felicity Huffman), a former career woman who's pretending to be happy as a stay-at-home mother of four kids.

      The four women attempt to unravel the mystery of Mary Alice's family tragedy. And why is Mary's husband digging up inside of family swimming pool?

      Discuss what do you think >

      ========= IN MEMORY

      "..as we were all gathered around his bedside, Rodney slipped away during Frank Sinatra's song "Come Fly With Me."

      Comedy Legend Rodney Dangerfield passed away in October, 2004. He was 82. Dangerfield's featured in great comedies: 'Caddyshack,' 'Easy Money', 'LadyBugs', 'My Five Wives', 'Little Nicky,' with Adam Sandler, and his last 'The 4th Tenor.'

      Dangerfield had made appearances on "Still Standing"(CBS), and "The Family Guy" (Fox Tv). He also made a cameo appearance in the forthcoming 20th Century Fox feature, "The Onion." In addition, Rodney was an executive producer of the MGM remake of film, "Back to School." Dangerfield has recorded a special album of love songs, "Romeo Rodney," which was scheduled to be released on Valentine's Day of 2005. Dangerfield won a Grammy Award for his comedy album, "No Respect," and was the recipient of the "Lifetime Creative Achievement Award" from the 1994 American Comedy Awards and was recently honored with the "Comedy Idol Award" by Comedy Central.

      His famous trademark white shirt and red tie are on permanent display at the Smithsonian Institute. Dangerfield leaves his wife Joan (married since 1993), and two children from a previous marriage, Brian and Melanie, and 2 grandchildren, Joshua and Matthew.

      "..they say Come fly with me, we'll fly we'll fly away."

      ========= MOVIES

      Friday Night Lights

      (' 04)

      Drama
      1 hr. 57 min.
      Based on the book by H.G. Bissinger, about football c

      oach Gaines (Billy Bob Thornton) who leads the Permian High Panthers in a quest to be the state football champions. This beautiful story, illuminates the hopes and dreams of Odessa's town's people, who ardently fill Ratliff Stadium's 20,000 seats every Friday night. And their lives depend on this game.

      "I am a Permian alumni from 1976. Myself and my two daughters were extras in the movie. It was a great experience. I am proud to be part of this movie, yet we must all remember it is just a movie. Thanks to the great West Texas teams like Odessa High, Midland and Abilene schools, Permian has endured fierce competition through the years. It's not just about football, it is about a great town of people. Thank you Odessa, Texas." -- aliensrus5

      =========

      Napoleon Dynamite

      (' 04)

      Comedy
      1 hr. 26 min.
      Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder) is a quirky teenager growing up in small-town Idaho with a love for dancing and the way of the ninja who's really just trying to understand his life while living with his Uncle Rico (Gries), whose shady business deals are just some of the things that make Napoleon's social life more difficult.

      So, when Napoleon climbs onto the school bus and an admiring younger kid asks him, "What are you going to do today, Napoleon?" his reply is, "Whatever I feel like I want to do! Gosh!" Well, turns out Napoleon tying a muscle man action figure to a string and throwing it out the window to pull along behind the bus. LOL ..Jon Heder is funny!!

      As you know, this movie is the first feature from 24-year-old director Jared Hess, who wrote the film with his wife Jerusha. They met co-producer Jeremy Coon and 26-year-old John Heder at Brigham Young University.

      Fun Fact:

      This film is based upon a 9-minute short film directed by Jared Hess called "Peluca" and actor Jon Heder, reprises his character in this movie (only his name been changed from "Seth" to "Napoleon Dynamite").

      Discuss this movie here >

      =========

      THANK YOU all members of this group, and also greg dean schmitz, aol auto, RSpil4172, msn, aol boards, yahoo movies, rodney.com