Two Heads Are Better than One!

  • suvigyaconsulting
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2007
      Two Heads Are Better than One! How to Accelerate Your
      Success with a Mastermind Group

      -----------------------
      Column By Jack Canfield
      -----------------------

      We all know that two heads are better than one when it comes
      to solving a problem or creating a result. So imagine having
      a permanent group of five or six people who meet every week
      for the purpose of problem solving, brainstorming,
      networking, and encouraging and motivating each other!

      This process is called masterminding and is one of the most
      effective success tools you can adopt! It is a powerful way
      to support your dreams and bring unlimited resources to your
      business and personal life.

      Participating in a mastermind group has been critical to me.
      I can't imagine achieving all I have without one, and it
      certainly made my goals happen much faster.

      A Process for Accelerating Your Growth...

      The basic philosophy of a mastermind group is that more can
      be achieved in less time when people work together.
      Sometimes called a "dream team" your mastermind group is
      made up of two or more individuals who voluntarily come
      together on a regular basis - weekly, biweekly, or monthly -
      to share ideas, thoughts, information, feedback and
      resources.

      Your group can be composed of people from your own industry
      or profession or people from all walks of life. You can
      focus on business, increasing each other's income, building
      a business, raising better kids, or solving a social
      problem.

      Within your mastermind group, you benefit from the other
      members who empower you and draw out your full talents,
      resources and abilities. They trigger you, stimulate and
      motivate you to become all you are capable of being.

      Creating Your Dream Team...

      Regardless of its purpose, the key is to choose people who
      are already where you'd like to be in your life - or who are
      at least a level above you. In forming your mastermind
      group, start by carefully enrolling another friendly, on-
      purpose, like-minded individual.

      Start by meeting together and then adding other selected,
      unanimously agreed-upon individuals who will work in total
      harmony for the good of each other and for the good of the
      group.

      1. Your Dream Team should consist of 4-8 people. Most people
      find that 6 is the ideal number.

      2. Meet weekly, if possible, for an hour to an hour and a
      half. This meeting must be held sacred as a life-enhancing
      priority. The meetings should be upbeat, enriching,
      encouraging and beneficial to each individual and the
      group's purposes. I always start our meetings with a prayer
      or an invocation. You could also start with an inspiring
      story.

      3. Each member must agree to play all out -- to openly share
      ideas, support, contacts, information, feedback, and
      anything else that will help advance the individual and
      group goals.

      4. Start by having each member share something positive and
      good that happened since the last meeting.

      5. Next, have each member share an opportunity or problem
      they have experienced since the last meeting and ask for
      whatever support they would like on it.

      Appoint a time-keeper to make sure that everyone gets the
      same amount of time. This is important if you want your
      group to last. Everyone must get value at each meeting.

      6. End by sharing appreciations and acknowledgements.

      You'll find one of the real values of a mastermind group is
      the accountability factor - other members checking up on you
      to make sure you meet your stated commitments. It's one way
      to ensure you'll accomplish a lot more!
      Jack Canfield, is the founder and co-creator of book brand
      Chicken Soup for the Soul and a leading authority on Peak
      Performance.