EIGHT GIFTS THAT DON'T COST A CENT

  • S. N. Jain
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010
      This simple checklist can help measure how you are nurturing your
      relationships. The author of these thoughts is unknown, but deeply
      appreciated.

      The Gift of Listening
      But you must really listen. Don't interrupt, don't daydream, don't
      plan your response. Just listen.

      The Gift of Affection
      Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and
      handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for
      family and friends.

      The Gift of Laughter
      Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say,
      "I love to laugh with you."

      The Gift of Solitude
      There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone.
      Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.

      The Gift of a Favor
      Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

      The Gift of a Written Note
      It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet. A
      brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime.

      The Gift of a Compliment
      A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super
      job," or "That was a wonderful meal" can make someone's day.

      The Gift of a Cheerful Disposition
      The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone.

      These are eight important ways we can contribute toward whole and
      healthy relationships. They cost nothing, yet they may well be the
      most valuable gifts we can ever offer another.

      -- Steve Goodier