Thoughts for the Week

  • S. N. Jain
    Message 1 of 136 , 17 Apr 04:25
      The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.
      - Alan Ashley-Pitt

      When you don't want to do something, any excuse will do.
      - Tom Persons

      The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.
      - Anon

      Nothing should be prized more highly than the value of each day.
      - Johann Wolfgang van Goethe
    • snjain
      Message 136 of 136 , Mar 28, 2016

        Stress is caused by being 'here' but wanting to be 'there'.
        - Eckhart Tolle (1948-)

        Every man is where he is by the law of his being; the thoughts which he has built into his character have
        brought him there, and in the arrangement of his life there is no element of chance, but all is the result of
        a law which cannot err.  This is just as true of those ho feel "out of harmony" with their surroundings as of
        those who are contented with them.
        - James Allen in "As a Man Thinketh"

        Passion is a feeling that tells you: this is the right thing to do.  Nothing can stand in my way.  It doesn't matter what anyone else says.  This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored.  I'm going to follow my bliss and act upon this glorious sensation of joy.
        - Wayne Walter Dyer

        If you can't forgive and forget, pick one.
        - Robert Brault

        A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.
        - Zarathustra