262Research on people on barges

  • crowhurstmichael
    Oct 22, 2006
      Hi,

      I am doing my family history and have come across my 2nd great
      grandfather. His name was Frederick George CROWHURST, born 1861 @
      Eccles, Aylesford, Kent, England. In the census of 1881 his occupation
      was recorded as "mate on barge". Frederick's father, Frederick
      CROWHURST, born about 1838 at East Malling, New Hithe, Kent, England,
      his occupation in the 1881 census was recorded as "bargeman". We can
      not find out any information regarding these two men, their family, or
      even the barge they worked on/owed. It is hard to find information
      from here in Australia. Is there anybody that can help us with some
      information?

      Please email me at crowie1979@... or cozykoala@....

      Thank you