Photos of Will

  • Michael Land
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2006
      Crikey Paul...... sorry mate I totally forgot to say thank you. Big
      apologies and a BIG THANK YOU!! Fantastic, she was the 2nd barge I
      ever went aboard and that was for researching a painting. Just out of
      curiousity have you seen Fred Everard in the book "Everards of
      Greenhithe" I was amazed the way she looked after being converted. You
      could never tell she was once a barge.
      Thank you again Paul
      Michael
    • Michael Land
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2006
        Probably the best photos that I took during the Thames Match cannot be
        retrieved from my camera. I am desperately seeking photos of Will
        particularly when she was bearing away from Southend near the ship
        that was anchored. Her she was being tossed around. Her bows rising
        and falling - lovely sight. Please........ anyone???
      • Paul Barnes
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 21, 2006
          Hi Michael

          Have been admiring your Thames Match shots - and latest opening page
          shot of Decima. Wonderful! Finally got to download my photos (only a
          few as was a very busy race on the leeboards etc on the journey out).
          Anyway I've added 3 of the Will to the Thames match folder - Will 1, 2
          & 3 (original ,eh?) - last one is a bit shakey and was taken as we
          overtook her and like you we were going up and down at some terrific
          speed! See also photo of Decima cutting through the waves - we had
          previously hit a big wave which sent a large spray of water over the
          bow and down the decks.
          Regards

          Paul
        • Mike Wignall
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2006
            Michael,

            Is it a digital camera? Is it that you cannot retrieve the image files
            off the data card? If so I can recommend retrieval software.

            Mike

            --- In Thames_Barges_2@..., "Michael Land"

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 28, 2006
              Thanks for the compliments re photos and thank you for adding some.
              Love that one of Decima!!
            • Michael Land
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 28, 2006
                Hi Mike no my camera is pre card and runs on floppy disks. Very
                susceptible to the vageries of heat/any mis-handling/ wear and tear.
                The disc in question reported bad sectors and has now gone to floppy
                heaven via the recycle bin. This is happening all to often now so I'll
                scour the antique shops looking for replacement floppy's or most
                likely treat myself to a more up to date camera. Should have taken my
                Canon A1 it's so trustworthy.......... Michael