off topic DEATH DATES in / on LEGACY BASIC

  • dickrichchas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
      I have a cousin that has recently downloaded the "free" version of
      LEGACY 6.xx, and keeps emailing me about how to enter dates of death (
      DOD as she puts it ) ... according to her, what comes up when trying
      to enter a death date is "deluxe program" ??? I haven't a clue as to
      what she's talking about, and attempts to find out WHERE she's trying
      to enter that info get nowhere. Any ides as to what she's talking about
      would be appreciated. ...

      Thanks ...

      Dick
    • Wendy Howard
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
        If I recall correctly, it is "cause of death" that is a Deluxe feature.
        I had no problem entering date of death back when I used the Standard
        edition of v5, indeed Legacy Standard Edition would not be a useful
        program at all if you couldn't enter a date of death.

        Perhaps your cousin should join the LUG and ask for help there? Without
        the family connections we might be able to get a bit further than you've
        been able. :-)

        Kind Regards,
        Wendy Howard
        --
        Kaiwaka, Northland, New Zealand
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wendyh65/

        > I have a cousin that has recently downloaded the "free" version of
        > LEGACY 6.xx, and keeps emailing me about how to enter dates of death (
        > DOD as she puts it ) ... according to her, what comes up when trying
        > to enter a death date is "deluxe program" ??? I haven't a clue as to
        > what she's talking about, and attempts to find out WHERE she's trying
        > to enter that info get nowhere. Any ides as to what she's talking about
        > would be appreciated. ...
        >
        > Thanks ...
        >
        > Dick

      • Dick
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
          Thanks Wendy

          That's more or less what I was thinking also ... the dob, dod, and all that go in the individuals info section, as well as the cause of death in the "deluxe" version. It's been several years since I've even seen a "standard" version, so I wasn't sure as to what she was referring to.

          Guessing she'll have to either continue with FTM or join us LEGACY fanatics <G>

          > I have a cousin that has recently downloaded the "free" version of
          > LEGACY 6.xx, and keeps emailing me about how to enter dates of death (
          > DOD as she puts it ) ... according to her, what comes up when trying
          > to enter a death date is "deluxe program" ??? I haven't a clue as to
          > what she's talking about, and attempts to find out WHERE she's trying
          > to enter that info get nowhere. Any ides as to what she's talking about
          > would be appreciated. ...
          >
          > Thanks ...
          >
          > Dick

          http://www.eset.com

        • Sherry/Support
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
            The Cause of Death can be added in the Standard Edition also - it's on the
            Medical Notes tab. It will also show by default on the Family View.

            What Dick is referring to, I believe, is the Index tab where only a limited
            number of basic columns can be shown in the Standard Edition - RIN, Full
            Name, Sex, Birth, Birth Place. Any other columns would say "Deluxe Edition
            Feature"

            Thanks for using Legacy.

            Sherry
            Customer Support
            Millennia Corporation
            Support@...
            http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

            We are changing the world of genealogy!

            When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
            Thanks.

          • myrna20@prodigy.net.mx
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
              Dick,
              You may want to give your cousin the address of the Users
              Group instead of the address for the group that is working on
              building web sites using Legacy.
              Myrna