Re: "picture" instead of a picture

  • jbird0490
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
      I updated the webpage and now it works.
      url:
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/%7Ejajole/jabele_ances/index.htm

      <SNIP>
      > --- In WUL@yahoogroups. co.uk, "jbird0490" <jbird0490@ ..> wrote:
      > >
      > > I posted my first page on rootsweb.
      > > However, where there should be an image is just the word "picture."
      > > The file is on the server and in the pictures folder.
      > > This should be an easy fix but I don't know how to do it.
      > > Any help?
    • Dick
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
        Not bad ... except for the oversized "force us to scroll" photo

        Dick

        Researching Schweiss, Meier, Stadther(r) ...
        Visit my website at ...
        http://www.harbornet.com/folks/dick/SchweissFamilyHistory2.htm

        > > However, where there should be an image is just the word "picture."
        > > The file is on the server and in the pictures folder.
        > > This should be an easy fix but I don't know how to do it.
        > > Any help?

        http://www.eset.com

      • Ronald Ferguson
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
          Like Dick, I also like the site and agree that the picture is somewhat big - I have to scroll on my screen which is set at 10024px . You could easily reduce the width to around 850px width without it spoiling the look - you have no need to change the coding just reduce the size. Irfanview is an ideal free piece of software for doing this. It will also reduce the number of KB which is very large at present and will take ages to load on dial-up.

          A couple of other things which may help you: I suggest that you put the URL as a signature on your emails because (a) it is good publicity and (b) when you write to News Groups eg. this site and LUG, search engines will pick it up and help you to climb up their charts.

          For similar reasons you may also like to consider adding your site to the Links section of this site - "all publicity is good publicity!"

          Ron Ferguson

          Visit My Websites at:
          http://www.fergys.co.uk
          and
          http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/

          > > However, where there should be an image is just the word "picture."
          > > The file is on the server and in the pictures folder.
          > > This should be an easy fix but I don't know how to do it.
          > > Any help?

          now.
          http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/