Re: [WUL] Re: Adding other data, but keeping my improved opening page.

  • Mary Young
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 30, 2007
      On 12/30/07, Ronald Ferguson <ronfergy2000@...> wrote:
      > Interesting idea putting the banner in the Home Page Title box.
      It was in response to the subject - "adding other data, but keeping my
      improved opening page"
      > A minor point, all ISPs allow the access file to be called index.html not all allow index.htm, nor home.* nor default.* (*=htm or html).
      Well you learn something every day - I've had no problem so far, must
      have been lucky with my various ISP's.

      Mary
    • dcastle39
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 12, 2008
        Thanks again to all. Sorry I didn't get back sooner to say that, but
        we had a big storm go thru here and it knocked out our power for six
        days. Now I know how our Ancestors felt. It's a life changing
        experience.

        I did some of the things suggested and all is looking good. When my
        power was out I went to the local library (15 miles away) and put my
        Gen. web program on and with others able to look over my shoulder I
        was not ashamed. But... Now that I have this I want more. It never
        ends does it?
        Ron I was looking at your fergys.co.uk site and I really like the
        small link pictures [family tree, webStyle4, the gimp, psPad]
        Have you done that within the Legacy program or does that require
        doing some html. I would like to have something linking to pages
        that would show my kids or grand-k where to start their research for
        maybe four family lines.

        Dale

        --- In WUL@..., Ronald Ferguson <ronfergy2000@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Mary,
        >
        > Interesting idea putting the banner in the Home Page Title box.
        Because of the way I arrange my site I have never needed to do this,
        but it's worth knowing.

        > A minor point, all ISPs allow the access file to be called
        index.html not all allow index.htm, nor home.* nor default.* (*=htm
        or html).

        > Ron Ferguson
        >
        > Visit My Websites at:
        > http://www.fergys.co.uk
        > and
        > http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/

        For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

      • Ronald Ferguson
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 13, 2008
          Hi,

          Other than the Pedigree and index pages I write/code all the pages myself using html and javascript. I take it that you are referring to the links on my Blogs and some other pages, rather than the pictures on my Home Page which are simply expanding thumbnails using javascript.

          You may not be aware that you can view the coding of anybody's html etc. from your browser. Using IE7 go to Page>View Source, it is a very similar connection in all other browsers. May I suggest that should you wish to do something similar, you have a look at my coding and come back if you have any queries.

[...]

          now.
          http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/