Delete marriages?

  • red77targa
    Message 1 of 3 , 6 May 13:08
      Hi

      I am a newbie at this genalogy stuff. I received a large file from my
      niece and converted it to Legacy software. I did a lot of merging and
      cleaning.

      Now I have a problem where the same marriage is listed three times.
      How do I delete the other two?

      I searched the archives but did not find an answer.

      TIA

      Frank
    • Ronald Ferguson
      Message 2 of 3 , 6 May 14:08
        Hi Frank,
        Firstly this group is specifically for web pages created using Legacy and not for general information; this type of question should be directed to LegacyUserGroup@... , however, you need to go to the Legacy Website first and register as a member of that group.
        Though since that mailing group is having some problems tonight, I will answer the question. Having decided which marriage to keep go to one of those you wish to get rid of and unlink either partner from all people to whom they are linked and delete (right click on the name and select delete) repeat this process for the other partner and then repeat for the couple.

        Ron Ferguson

         Visit My Websites at:
        http://www.fergys.co.uk
        and
        http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/

        I am a newbie at this genalogy stuff. I received a large file from my
        niece and converted it to Legacy software. I did a lot of merging and
        cleaning.

        Now I have a problem where the same marriage is listed three times.
        How do I delete the other two?

        I searched the archives but did not find an answer.

        TIA

        Frank

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
      • red77targa
        Message 3 of 3 , 7 May 09:15
          Hi Ron,

          I apologize for the incorrect post. Thank you for the alternative
          source and for the answer.

          Frank

          --- In WUL@..., Ronald Ferguson <ronfergy2000@...>