Re: [WUL] Legacy web pages - Cleaning up the code

  • Steven Perkins
    Message 1 of 10 , 10 Sep 06:41
      use the HTML5 validator:

      http://validator.nu/

      If you know Javascript, you may be able to set up the batch processing.

      I am not fond of the way Legacy does web pages.  My suggestion is to do an ancestor report for each grandparent in .txt format.  Then reformat that (add pics or other graphics) as HTML 4.1 in Transitional or Strict. If you want an index, use either an RTF or PDF file to start with. PDF with extract to TXT is easier, since with RTF, you have to generate the index after the test is written.

      Forget XHTML at this time.  Much of the well-formedness can be done using end-tags in HTML.  HTML5 is not yet a done format so you will have to tweak it from time to time. Browser support is the unknown issue.

      Steven C. Perkins
      http://stevencperkins.com/genealogy.html