       Interesting. Did not know about that setting.

      73,
      Ingemar, SM0ECF

      Den måndag, 16 oktober 2017 22:35 skrev "Anthony Casorso canthony15@... [afedrisdr]" <afedrisdr@...>:

      SDR Console V3 allows you to set up a gain offset for the receiver so that you can compensate for the actual receiver gain and still have an accurate S-meter. The setting is well hidden however. To adjust it you need to go to the radio definition window, select the AFEDRI, and select EDIT. There you will find a "gain" adjustment. There is an issue though. The gain setting only applies to live listening, not recordings. This is unfortunate.

      I use the AFEDRI gain setting to adjust for best dynamic range and then use the SDR Console gain calibration to make the S-meter correct.

      Tony
      ad0vc

      From: afedrisdr@... <afedrisdr@...> on behalf of alex@... [afedrisdr] <afedrisdr@...>
      Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 11:39 AM
      To: afedrisdr@...
      Subject: Re:: SV: [afedrisdr] Re:: S-meter question

      Ingemar,
      If "S-meter reading (in dBm) in SDR Console does not change" with RF Gain - I suppose it is correct behavior - because signal power does not depends on RF Gain.

       I suppose Simon make correct compensation for "RF gain", still may be there is need to insert / change some constant offset.

      The only changes that we should see it is - background S-meter level increasing (lower S-meter limit) when user decrease the  "RF gain".

      So please check it again :-)

      Alex

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic