Afedri-SDR-Net and SDRUno

  • radio40years
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 1931

      Sigh.  For the life of me I can not get my Afedri SDR Net to work with SDRUno.  I'm using the ExtIO start icon, and I have the Afedri ExtIO in the "documents" folder on the PC.  But while SDRUno will start, bringing up the Afedri Network Control Box, and play from the Afedri, the software won't control it at all.  No tuning. The display on the spectrum stands still even though the frequency changes.

      What's the trick?  What am I doing wrong?

      ...joe

    • alex4z5lv
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 1931
        Joe,
        May be the ExtIO (SDR_network_Control_box) is configured wrongly so have no connection with SDR?
        Because it has no connection - it cannot control it...

        73!
        Alex
      • Dominic
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 1931
          I've had the same issue. Never a bit of trouble using the Afedri with SDR Console, but I just cannot get SDRuno to cooperate. I always assumed it was just me, as I never saw anyone else complain about it.

          -Dominic Dambro
        • johan.letterstal@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 1931
            Maybe an old topic...
            SDRuno works perfectly w Afedri. Follow the rabbit! ;-)

            73 Johan
          • radio40years
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 1931
              I wish!  The control box works with SDR Console and HDSDR.  If changes need to be made to the config, I don't know what those changes are. All I know is I can't use my AFEDRI with SDRUno.

              Perhaps a step-by-step set of instructions on setup for use with SDRUNO is possible from someone here?  It would be greatly appreciated....

              ...joe

            • johan.letterstal@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 1931
                Do you have an email address? You can respond to mine.
                I'll try to remember and document what my steps were...
                73 johan
              • alex4z5lv
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 1931
                  Joe,

                  All AFEDRi SDR version can be used with SDRUno as well as with other SDR applications that has support of ExtIO  plugin.

                  The configuration principles are not related to specific SDR hardware,  you only have to put ExtIO_AFEDRI_SDR.dll file plus all related dll that supplied with this dll to specific predefined folder.

                  There is detailed instruction on the web: https://www.nn4f.com/SDRuno-cookbook.pdf
                   it is not related especially to AFEDRI, but to any SDR that has ExtIO plugin.

                  73!
                  Alex

                • johan.letterstal@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 1931
                    My starting point:
                    Windows 7
                    Afedri SDR-Net connected to LAN
                    SDR Network Control Box v5.21
                    HDSDR 2.76
                    SDRplay_SDRuno_Installer_1.13 (from the download site)
                    ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
                    (Deinstall any previous installations of SDRuno, including resetting registry)

                    Copy ALL files from the HDSDR folder to My Document (I did that because I'm lazy)

                    Run the installer
                    (Installing SDR_Player is optional?)

                    Approve any SDRplay/uno applications in the Windows firewall !!

                    Click on the "Windows Start" button (left lower corner)
                    (Not the SDRuno desktop icon)

                    Select "All Programs"
                    Look for SDRplay and the below SDRuno

                    Next you will find "SDRuno (EXTIO)"