Dynamic range and Net operation with HDSDR
I read through your specifications but may have missed it so I am sending you this message with my questions as follows:
1) For a given gain selection, what is the nominal Dynamic Range of your SDR ?
2) Your website shows HDSDR being used with your NET versions of SDR. I have been away from the technology for a time so perhaps I am not up to date but it is my understanding that HDSDR needs an ext io / USB only to function and does not interface to a NET connection. Is there a NET functionality with HDSDR or do you provide a special software subroutine as part of your NET interface hardware/firmware?
Thank you in advance.
- Hello Alex,1.The Wide band Dynamic range is mostly defined by AFEDRi8201 chip - you can read the chip specification from datasheet.2. I am sorry , I am afraid I do not understand the question you are asking.HDSDR is working with AFEDRI SDR trough ExtIO plugin interface, as most other SDRs.Both Networked and USB interface are supported.You can read about ExtIO interface - on Winrad web page.You can read about AFEDRi SDR protocols on afedri-sdr.com web site.73!Alex
- The Afedri-Net works with both USB and Ethernet connectivity. Initally you must configure the radio using USB to setup network mode, IP address etc. Once configured, you can use either USB or Ethernet, using the SDR_Control utility that comes with the Afedri. The DLL selected allows the Afedri to work HDSDR or one of the WinRad derivatives.Regards,Dave Aichelman N7NZH Grants Pass, Oregon
- Just so that I can understand better. The hardware comes with a unique ExtIO /DLL software subroutine that interfaces the HDSDR program to the Afedri hardware ? Please advise. Thank you in advance. Alex
- Alex,There is SDR_Network_Control_Box that is ExtIO plugin for Winrad compatible applications like:Winrad, HDSDR, SDRUno etc. in same time it can be used as stand alone utility for AFEDRI SDR configuration.SDR_Network_Control_Box - has everything to control AFEDRI SDR.The same information about AFEDRI SDR and SDR_Network_Control_Box you can find on AFEDRI SDR-Net web pages:http://afedri-sdr.com/index.php/downloads/category/2-documentation?download=193:sdr-network-control-box-software-description-rev-6-0-english73!Alex