Afedri Stuck at 96 khz bandwidth in USB mode

  • vmatheson2005
    Message 1 of 5 , 21 Nov

      Hi all,

      I have been running Afedris for quite a while and this is the first time I have ever came across this.

      My 2 channel unit will not accept any bandwidth that I enter and then save in USB mode.

      I bring up say HDSDR the waterfall displays just under 100 kHz of band. I bring up sdr control from the back ground and change the bandwidth to 200khz and go back to HDSDR...the bandwidth panel shows 200khz but the display shows 100khz or so.

      I must say that these radios have run 100's of hours and never a problem.

      I can tell you that on the single channel the audio properties for the Afedri Line in shows 16 bit 249998 hz

      and when I connect the 2 channel it shows 96000 hz.

      It appears it will display what the Afedri is set at.

      Does the 2 channel unit need a hard reset on the board to clear everything?

      Thanks

      Vernon - VE1VDM

    • alex4z5lv
      Message 2 of 5 , 22 Nov
        Hello Vernon,
        I think I do not understand what you try to do exactly, but I have some common instructions to you relatively the Dual Channel unit:
        1. If AFE822x SDR-Net is configured to any of Dual Channel modes (Diversity or simple Dual Channel) the maximal sample rate cannot be set to value more than 250kHz!!! - it is physical limit.
         In Single channel mode maximum is 250kHz
        3. If we talking about USB connection - every time you are changing the sample rate you must apply Reset to SDR and also to wait some time till Windows will detect the new USB settings and finish to install (reinstall) drivers.
        4. HDSDR does not support correctly 4 channel audio, so if your SDR is configured to any of Dual Channel modes (Diversity or simple Dual Channel)) - please do not use USB connection for this modes - Network will be OK.
        Or use SDR application that can hold 4 channel audio like, for example, Linrad.
        5. If you want to use HDSDR and SDR in any of Dual Chanel modes - please use Network connection.
        6. Network connection allows to change the sample rate in real time without need to close application or reboot.And maximal sample rate is much higher.

        73!
        Alex

      • Vernon Matheson
        Message 3 of 5 , 22 Nov
          Hi Alex...thanks for the reply.

          I did do the save sample rate as per the instructions before I sent the note.

          I have developed another issue in that when in LAN mode SDR shows all green buttons connected.

          If I bring up SDR Console 3 it is connected to the Afedri in LAN as I get no errors but now it is not getting the audio.

          I really can't figure this out as nothing was changed prior to the issue.

          Anyway will take your suggestions re single channel setting etc and look at it when I get home from work this evening. Maybe if I get the USB connection straightened out the LAN will return to normal.

          Many thanks

          Vernon

        • alex4z5lv
          Message 4 of 5 , 22 Nov
            Vernon,
            In connection to SDR-Radio, if you see the signal spectrum and waterfall, but no audio - so you have to check the application settings, I do not believe this issue related to SDR.
            If you do not see no wideband spectrum no waterfall, it will be good to check the Firewall (Windows firewall, antivirus firewall or both) setting, my be it is bloking UDP stream
            73!
            Alex
          • Vernon Matheson
            Message 5 of 5 , 22 Nov

              Thanks Alex…the firewall was the problem. I never have it on and not sure how it was changed. The sad part is that I knew that had a big bearing on the Afedri in Lan mode and never thought to check it.