      From: airspy@... [mailto:airspy@...] On Behalf Of Marcus D. Leech
      Sent: 12 January 2014 20:56
      To: airspy@...
      Cc: Simon Brown
      Subject: Re: AW: [airspy] How to buy Airspy

      On 01/12/2014 03:36 PM, Simon Brown wrote:

      Just in case: it’s not available yet, the developers are using prototypes which mortals don’t get to try L

      Youssef will announce here when they are available.

      Simon Brown (G4ELI/HB9DRV)

      Yup, that answer was already given.  They aren't available yet.  Youseff and team have been working on prototypes, and including the
        wider community on progress, and accepting a certain amount of community input on the design.

      Compare that to a standard commercial product, where you get no insight into the process, and no input into it.

      I suspect, but I don't know, that Youseff will, at some point, make beta-units available to a small number of people.  Then they will be available
        for a wider audience.  This is not an entirely-unreasonable process...

      Marcus Leech
      Principal Investigator
      Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic