petrol engine issue

  • kubotakiddy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi

      The lack of spark to the plugs is almost certainly the Hall Effect Switch broken off the cam housing, and will require the front of the engine to be stripped for the switch to be replaced.
      I am just off to work now but will describe the test procedure tonight when i get back.
    • carol76arwen
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
        Thanks for that, I did a search on the forum and found the instructions that you gave to someone else previously if there are any further instructions that would be useful I would be greatful, What sort of glue did you need if I need something that does very high temperatures?

        Thanks

        Carol

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
          Hi Kubotakiddy (I hope people don't mind me putting this on the forum rather than doing a pm but I thought the more info is on here the better, might be of use to someone else in the future)

          I did some testing on the wires from the Hall Effect Switch as you described in a previous post, The red wire gives me 12v constant, the green wire gives me 5v constant when turning the cam ??? Any idea why I am getting 5v constant, could it be that it has sort of got stuck in the firing position and broken? I have not tried to get at it yet, I wanted to wait and see if there was any other significance to the 5v and to pick your brains about the best way in before I started the job, I would really rather do it with the engine in situ if possible, Am I right in thinking I will need to remove the wheel for access, take the radiator out and the pulleys off and then take the black plastic cover off? Any info, help, suggestions as always is very welcome.