obd2 scanner

  • gaultgraham663
    Message 1 of 7 , 13 Nov

      and sorry I'm west of Scotland .

    • malcolmthemole
      Message 2 of 7 , 15 Nov
        remember your distance selling rights.....

        if you buy online from a business or ebay "buy it now" but NOT an auction....

        you have a 14 day right (look up the regs yourself) to return the goods for ANY reason..... much longer if they don't do what they said they would do..... including standard postage....

        note do NOT buy from china unless certain... I got a duff laptop battery and offered a full refund including the £4.20 postage..... BUT the return postage was over £50 and the return was therefore unaffordable.

        If you buy an item e.g an obd reader or reader/ programmer and you try it out but do not like its method of working... and it is clean and undamaged (bung it in a clear poly bag to try it out).... you can return it as "not suitable" at no cost or just the return postage.

        I would not suggest ordering, using, getting the job done and returning it.... that isn't moral, is it?

        malcolm
      • gaultgraham663
        Message 3 of 7 , 15 Nov
          haha I really had not thought of that, but if it worked I would keep it anyway . any ideas of what one would work ! the local AA mans didn't , it could not connect to it  and a second one didn't work either ! .
        • malcolmthemole
          Message 4 of 7 , 17 Nov
            when I needed one, on my mk1 vito (not compliant with standard obd), I ordered 3 different ones from different suppliers.....

            2 didn't read anything and the 3rd read but wouldn't cancel the code (essential on mercs)....

            all went back at no cost via returns labels (check the return policy first as some make you pay return postage) and I ordered the bigger version of the 3rd one.... did the job perfectly

            I now have a new merc tourer that I get serviced only by merc (the missus puts away a little every month)... it ought to be my final vehicle so I splashed out a little (thanks dad).... I reckon its worth it as they cover me 24/7 breakdown and repair on everything at roadside or garage, I just pay oils and filters etc.

            don't be lured into 1 trial at a time... they can all go back if not wanted (a bit more of a problem in highlands and islands)

            malcolm
          • gaultgraham663
            Message 5 of 7 , 18 Nov

              so do you not run a aixam ,or microcar now !.

            • malcolmthemole
              Message 6 of 7 , 18 Nov
                of course I still use both....

                I bought 2 microcars, one for spares, the wife wrote off the good one..... and an aixam evo

                Why on earth would I not want the fun of driving them?

                OK I've been bad this year (permanent serious health problems) and not been doing things but I intend respraying the evo next year in "old fashioned" metalflake.

                with the low insurance cost (wasn't when first taken out) and the new "on demand" road tax, it would be silly not to use them.

                normally on a sorn... when wanted I phone the tax and then cancel when no longer needed.... only pay for the months its in use.

                the merc (a vito tourer) is more practical as I need a big oxygen cylinder (bigger than width of mc2) and the wife needs a rollator (big zimmer on wheels) that takes the whole of the back of the evo with the seats folded.... the vito does over 50mpg and carries 8 if needed (grandson and team) in luxurious comfort BUT the mc2 and evo are better in town and pure fun.

                malcolm
              • gaultgraham663
                Message 7 of 7 , 23 Nov

                  really sorry to hear of your bad health issues , but at least you get on with it . I'm  still no further forward with my search for a scanner , time will tell . hope you keep on an even keel for a good while yet . kind regards, graham  .