Re: Stagecoach New Livery

  • Stephen Cho
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      thats interesting! So will Citybus Hong Kong and Coach USA get the new livery too???

      Stephen

      --- In autdb@e..., Steve Guess <steve.guess@r...> wrote:

> [...]
      > colours. Photograph those stripes now!
      >
      > Message: 1
      >
      > Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:25:19 -0000
      >
      > From: "Duncan Roberts" < dfr@n... <mailto:dfr@n...> >
      >
      > Subject: Stagecoach Image - more news
      >
      > More is beginning to emerge on this livery.
      >
      > 1
      >
      > The trade press ahs carried comments from Ray Stenning, the designer, which
      > confirms that:
      >
      > a.. the livery uses the existing colours applied 'similar to South West
      > Trains
      >
      > b.. has a white base
      >
      > c.. grey skirt.
      >
      > Little new here. There is to be a new logo and a full suite of stationery
      > for ALL publicity materials from letterhead to timetables etc.
      >
      > a.. The new logo incorporates a bus and coach and fleetnames have been
      > selected by the new MDs from a range of options. Thus there will be no
      > single common application method. These will appear on bus sides with a
      > Stagecoach corporate emblem at the front in probability. Detailing is being
      > determined by the trial applications and so may change. This is quite
      > normal.
      >
      > b.. There is to be a new interior with a specially devised moquette etc.
      >
      > The launch to MDs will take place at Gleneagles next week (Tuesday to
      > Thursday 7-9th) , with the presentation seemingly on Tuesday. It might be
      > appropriate to stand at the gates although the MDs may be taken to the buses
      > rather than the reverse.
      >
      > Three vehicles will appear:
      >
      > a.. One in new London style (not much you can do with 80% red, and no
      > guidance on whether Routemasters merely get the new logo in gold). This
      > vehicle will have the new interior.
      >
      > b.. Two (SD and DD?) with the new provincial layout but possibly with the
      > old interior. Some doubts about there actually being a new provincial bus in
      > build!
      >
      > The formal launch is to be in early January although elements will become
      > known much before as stationery changes will be immediate and some
      > repainting will take place in the scheme of things.
      >
      > So room for those to go to Gleneagles and peer through the fence - Campbell?
      >
      > DFR
      >

      > Steve Guess
      > Buses Worldwide
      > Membership Secretary
      > Sub Editor - Australasia
      >
      > visit our website http://www.busesworldwide.org
      > <http://www.busesworldwide.org/>
      >
      > "The information contained in this message is confidential.
      > It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
      > whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
      > If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
      > you are hereby notified that any use, copying, dissemination
      > or disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited".
      > "This e-mail is personal and is not authorised by
      > or sent on behalf of the employer"<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />
    • Steve Guess
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2000
        From the UK Bus Fleetnews EGroup:-

        Subject: Details of Stagecoach's new image!
        Hello
        I have managed to get a few details yesterday about the new
        livery/logo etc.
        It would appear that repaints may(!) start towards the end of the month
        as publicity etc will have new type set and logo on from the 10/11/00.
        Livery launch WILL be midweek next week, which is when we may see the
        first press released pictures begin to appear in Coach and Bus Week etc.
        There is to be a big advertising campaign from the end of next week, I
        can't say too much but full details should be available at
        www.stagecoachgroup.com from 06/11/00 which will show the new logo and
        lettering.
        Hope this gives you a few more clues!
        R.Sharman