Re: Changes to website pages today:-

  • bovino@ihug.com.au
    Message 1 of 770 , Oct 1, 2001

      > From Geoff Hall - firstly here are the Westbus changes:
      > De-registered at Penrith: 251, 4373, 4528 (Worldmasters) and 264,
      5115 (the
      > last Bosnjak LBJ/Smithfields.

      I presume that you mean Bosnjak JBJ! As of Friday m/o 599 was still
      at Windsor depot; this is a Bosnjak JBJ / Euro, although features
      Volvo badging, as it has been re-engined with a Volvo (possibly B6FA)
      engine and an Allison auto.

      This seems to have the reputation as least popular bus in the yard.
      when I first arrived at Windsor it was unbeliveably slow, both in
      acceleration and top speed, being hard pressed to crack 80 kmh
      without a tailwind and a good downhill gradient. I still remember the
      shocked expression on my depot manager's face when one day I asked to
      be allocated 599; this was the first time in his memory someone had
      asked for it.

      I'm not sure what the mechanics have done to it in recent months, but
      a large chunk of extra performance seems to have been extracted. It
      will now do 90kmh, and you no longer have to close your eyes and grit
      your teeth when trying to launch it across a main road.

      CD :)
    • ROBERT G HENDERSON
      Message 770 of 770 , Feb 20, 2002
        The only thing about 28 April is that it is the day before school goes back.