Re: [balsallheathonline] Re: Moderation - ps

  • Barnard Hobbit
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 27, 2008
      2008/10/27 martin_mullaney <mullaney3@...>:
      > Barnard, as has been pointed out. If the men and women were
      > segregated, why couldn't they have been segregated along the length of
      > the room, so women had the option of sitting at the front. Making the
      > women sit at the back, behind the men does not look good.
      >
      > Also, what about women who didn't want to be segregated or wear a head
      > dress. Was there an area set aside for them? From the photos, this was
      > clearly not the case.
      >
      > Remember, this was a political meeting open to all. It was not a
      > mosque meeting, where we would be more culturally sensitive.

      Martin if this had been any other meeting you could not have said a thing
      it is only because its a Respect meeting that you are saying a word

      I have seen the same thing happen at many other meetings and would
      no doubt happen at LibDem meetings if a large number of of women
      from the Asian Community attended

      There is no evidence that the meeting was segregated other the by
      the choose of the women

      No doubt the organisers will make sure that it does not happen again that
      a photograph would give that impression I have seen several other photos
      of that meeting showing women and men mixing happly

      Don't forget there was female on the platform and speaking and
      taking part in the meeting

      You Martin are just political mud throwing
    • reclaim_our_space
      Message 43 of 43 , Oct 31, 2008
        --- In balsallheathonline@..., "martin_mullaney" <mullaney3@...> wrote:

        > In my case, I now moderated, because I was the target of abusive
        > messages. .......so I am now being moderated for being the victim. How
        > does one square that logic?

        Hi,

        Could you tell us when and where you allege this occurred Martin?

        A simple link to the message would suffice.

        Thanks.

        Alex