RE: [barges] wildlife+garden barge idea!!/Our big grant application

  • Farrugia, Marian
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
      Sorry to hear about your bid Barry - In the meantime I have received this info which might be useful for the garden-barges project.
      Marian

      Local Food Programme

      A little over one year into what is a five year programme, the Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts (RSWT) has announced that it will not be accepting any new applications to its Lottery-funded Local Food Programme after 21 August 2009. The Programme supports projects across England that aim to make local food more accessible and affordable to communities. Already enough applications have been received to potentially use up all of the £50 million available, but new bids will be accepted up to the August deadline.

      Background.

      We covered the Local Food Programme in detail when it started to accept applications in March 2008. Since then £13 million has already been promised to food related projects to benefit individuals and communities across England. Grants range from £2000 to £300,000. There is a special Small Grants scheme for grants between £2000 and £10,000.

      Up to now 115 projects have been supported to a total of £13 million. But larger Beacon Project grants are soon to be awarded, and certainly by August 2009 it is anticipated that there will be enough First Stage applications in the pipeline to use up the remaining money. Should there be any underspend a further application round would be announced.

      Further information.

      Full details are available at www.localfoodgrants.org/grants. A list of currently funded projects is at www.localfoodgrants.org/projects/project_lists.

      Closing date: First Stage applications accepted until 21 August 2009.

      This page was last updated on June 3, 2009

      © fundinginformation.org 2009
      This article is taken from the Web pages at www.fundinginformation.org
      To find out more about subscribing to the site's services call Inspiring Vision on 0845 890 4930 or e-mail info@...

      Marian Farrugia, Community Involvement Coordinator
      Bermondsey and Rotherhithe Area Management
      South Bermondsey Parents' and Children's Centre
      Tenda Road, London SE 16 3PN

      Tel:          020 7525 1780
      E-Mail:     Marian.Farrugia@...
      Mobile:    07951 519 661