1519RE: 1987/1988 528e parts and question on actual year?

  • Lowe, Daniel
    Jun 17, 2003
      > ken@... asks again:
      >
      > Then wouldn't they be considered to be 87's not 88's?

      Nope. It all depends on when BMW AG sends them over and what MY they
      want them to be. There's something like an 18 month window between
      build date and model year or something like that that I've heard before.
      If our cars had stayed in Europe they would have been '87s. Most BMW's
      are that way. US usually goes 1 more MY than Europe. This may not be
      the case anymore but it was with the E28, E30 and before.

      Regards,
      Daniel L. Lowe
      Bluegrass Bimmers
      Resource Development Director