1520Re: [bmw e28] Re: Warm Start Problem

  • Ian R. Campbell
    Jun 17, 2003
      --- Jim Nail <james.nail@...> wrote:
      > I do not have an imobilisor in my 1985 528e. What
      > is it?

      The engine immobilisor is built into the OBC.
      It's the "Code Alarm". I discovered it one day while
      fooling around with the OBC when my key was in the
      ignition, but the engine wasn't running. I set off set
      immobilisor and alarm. It was very embarassing.
      Fortunately, it isn't all that secure. Disconnect the
      battery, wait 5 minutes, and the OBC resets as well as
      the immobilisor alarm.

      Hope that helps.

      - Ian
      88 535i