1565Re: [bmw e28] No Spark

  • Darrell Davis
    Jun 28, 2003
      hey reverse the gray and black plugs under the intake from the trans... one is pulse for the spark, also the auto's and manual's do use diff. degrees of advance for the counters...good luck.. zadious
      black_528e <midnightryder@...> wrote:Hello Group

      I have a 1988 528e, I replaced the automatic transmission and when I
      pulled the engine assembly to do this I disconnected the 1.1 motronic
      computer and pulled the harness intact. Re-installed the engine/trans
      assembly, hooked up everything that needed reconnected and I gave the
      key a turn and no spark. I checked the coil. It started my 533I just
      fine. Still no spark from the coil. Power is going to the coil. I did
      an ohm's check on the crankshaft sensor. It was good. Still no spark.
      I have no clue as to what it could be except the computer. The car
      ran before all of this. Any ideas??