1568no spark

  • black_528e
    Jun 30, 2003
      --- In bmwe28@..., Rhett Smith <rhetly@y...> wrote:

      Rhett: I appreciate the response, but my car only has the sensor on
      the crankshaft. This is an automatic and when I pulled out the
      enginge I only disconnected the motronic connection. That way I
      figured that the engine was intact and I should not have any problems
      when it came to installing it. I must have picked up a gremlin
      someplace because I can not figure out the problem. I again think it
      is the brain. The car ran before I pulled out the engine, so I am
      still stumped I guess.>

      Yeah, I agree. First check the reference sensor. Make
      > sure you don't have the reference sensor switched with
      > the 'non-essential' speed sensor.
      > After that, I'd check your flywheel and make sure one
      > of the teeth have a iron 'pin' on it (that the
      > reference sensor uses). The pin may have fell out when
      > you were switching the tranny.
      > After that, put in a mototronic CPU that you're sure
      > works (I got one on ebay for $80), just so you can
      > narrow down your search.
      >
      > Strange thing...in my 528e'87, the reference sensor
      > and the mototronic computer went bad within 10 miles
      > of each other. Weird right? NO KIDDING!
      > g'luck- rhett.

      > http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic